Camptune X for mountain Lion users

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by acuraice, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acuraice

acuraice Registered Member

I previously purchased Camp tune X bc awhile back i had used the trial version and it worked beautifully,but that was when i had snow leopard. Now that i have mountain lion i attempted to use the newest version 10.1 of campe tune to resize my bootcamp partition. It got to the very end and said failed and i lost my entire bootcamp partition. I complained and was refunded my purchase from paragon. Now i notice it says NEW works with mountain lion so i re-downloaded version 1.0 today. I noticed the programs icon has been updated yet the version number now says 1.0 vs 10.1 and in the pdf manual it says it only works with systems up to snow leopard. Although in the manual you now need to burn the dmg to a cd or dvd and boot form the disc to resize your bootcamp partition which will probably fix the error i had the first time i sued it with mountain lion and lost everything. Does anyone know if indeed the program has been officially updated and is safe to use once again with the new burn to cd/dvd process in mountain lion,10.8.2 o_O I did find another person in the forums who used it with mountain lion 10.8.1 and had success. I am leery of using it again since it was a nightmare to restore my old bootcamp windows 7 partition after the camp tune x program failed. Has anyone tried it with success with 10.8.2o_O

here is the link of the other user who successfully used it mountain lion 10.8.1:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=331554&highlight=mountain lion

2. acuraice

acuraice Registered Member

I would like to also say that paragon tools are awesome for mac/windows! I own a few and they always work perfectly except for this time with camp tune x. They were very nice to refund my purchase after it failed and i look forward to them fixing this error with the newest mountain lion OS. :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  3. adamtuliper

adamtuliper Registered Member

I tried it with 10.8.3 last night and lost everything. Nice warning me CampTune - thanks.

4. Onsitecomputersusa

Onsitecomputersusa Registered Member

What did you do after Camptune X removed (or hid) your Basecamp partition?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.