Camptune X 10.10.20 Doesn't See My BOOTCAMP Partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by Douglas Pippel, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Douglas Pippel

Douglas Pippel Registered Member

Just purchased your app and it is NOT seeing my BOOTCAMP partition at all. I opted to create boot media instead of disabling SIP, but no matter. The only volumes your utility is showing on my MacBook Pro running El Capitan 10.11.6 are "Macintosh HD" and "OSXRESERVED". My 50GB BOOTCAMP partition that's loaded up with Windows 10 and boots just fine is nowhere to be seen. Neither the MacOS or BOOTCAMP partition are encrypted.

Any idea what the problem is?? I feel like I just wasted twenty bucks.

2. Douglas Pippel

Douglas Pippel Registered Member

Found the answer for anyone who's interested. The OSXRESERVED volume is left over from installing Windows 10 with Bootcamp. It should have been deleted during the process but it was not. Here's how to get rid of it so that Camptune X can see your actual BOOTCAMP volume:

Go -> Utilities -> Disk Utililty

Click Partition

Click on the OSXRESERVED slice on the pie chart

Click the minus sign (-)

Click Apply

This safely removed the OSXRESERVED partition and reallocated the 8GB space back into the Macintosh HD partition. Aftyerwards I was able to successfully use Camptune X to resize my BOOTCAMP partition and Windows 10 boots fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.