Camptune successful; Beta feedback

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by riverwind, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverwind

riverwind Registered Member

iMac 17" 1.83 GHz Core Duo; 2GB 667 DDR2 RAM, 160GB HD. OSX 10.5.8. the screen is broken, so I use an Acer H243H LCD external monitor.

Windows XP SP2 running in bootcamp with 30GB space, needed to increase it to 60GB. I would have done the "Acronis backup, recreate bootcamp, restore Windows" method, but heard about Camptune and figured I'd try it out, especially since it is currently free. My Windows partition is only for gaming anyway; no serious risk if it was hosed in the process.

I downloaded the .iso, burned the disk in Disk Utility with no issues. Booting off the CD worked smoothly, though I ran in to a potential problem at this point - the application outputs it's display to only the internal monitor, which on this machine is all sorts of messed up: only about 3" of clean video on the left side and 1" of video near the middle work.

I waited to see what would happen, with little hope for success, but then a floating window appeared!!! I was able to move the window back and forth, getting all the data I needed from the little bit of screen that does still work.

I slid the bar over to give Windows 60GB, and applied the changes. The process took a bit over an hour, but seemed to work fine. I was then presented with the blue Paragon Software Screen I saw during the boot sequence, but with no hint as to what to do next. I had a command line of some sort, so I tried lots of the unix-style exit commands, to no avail. I ended up doing a forced power down by holding the power button in. ;_;

Booted up again, first into OSX and ran Disk Utility; no problems! Booted into Windows, everything runs great! From hearing about your software via Google to job done was about 3 hours, and I only paid attention to it for about 15 minutes during the actual re size.

High 5!

Three suggestions:
    1) Mirror video output to all attached Display Devices
    2) Auto-reboot once the user hits the "Close" button after the job is done.
    2) Give the person who decided to put all the functionality in a window a raise.

Thanks! I have no doubt I will be buying a copy of this software the next time I need to play around w/ a bootcamp partition.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Riverwind,

Thank you for the great feedback. We look forward to have this product go live when it's ready. The developers will be very pleased.

Regards,
    Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.