CampTune - Installing windows as single OS but use existing bootcamp installation

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by omzaz, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omzaz

omzaz Registered Member

I'd like to install Windows as the sole OS on my macbook. The camptune manual explains how to do this but it assumes you want to do a fresh install of Windows.

I have a well functioning and long-established installation of Windows 7 64 on the bootcamp partition of my Mac. Can I use this as the single OS instead of doing a fresh Windows install? How do I go about this.

Cheers.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

It is easy to get rid of Mac OS X with the latest Paragon products.

Please have a look at Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2011 Pro http://www.paragon-software.com/business/hdm-professional/.

How to get rid of Mac OS:
    In the email with registration info for Hard Disk manager 2011 Pro you will get separate link to download self-burning WinPE Recovery CD image.
    Download *.exe package and execute it in Windows.
    Burn the WinPE Recovery CD.

Then boot from WinPE CD and do the following:
    * run Hard Disk Manager
    * right-click MacOS X partition and select Delete
    * press Apply to perform changes
    * Once completed, right-click the Windows partition and select Move\Resize option
    * Move the left partition border to cover all unallocated space on the hard disk
    * press Apply to perform changes
    Once completed - your Windows will be the only operating system in MAcBook.

Note: if you need to add additional drivers to correctly recognize hardware configuration of you MacBook, please run Add Drivers tool from WinPE Recovery CD prior to partitioning operations.
    Please use drivers for Windows 7 x32. Drivers should be unpacked (not in *ZIP or *EXE files).

3. omzaz

omzaz Registered Member

Thanks,

Do I need the pro version of Paragon HDM or would the suite version do this task?

I had already been intending to get the suite version for other tasks.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Pro version is newer and I would recommend to use Pro.

But if you already have Suite, give it a try. (Note: Backup prior to partitioning is strongly recommended :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.