Camptune corrupted boot files in windows

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by joe schuster, Apr 18, 2014.

1. joe schuster

joe schuster Registered Member

After using Camptune to add to my windows partition I am frustrated. The partitioning was 'successful' but now I cannot get into my windows partition at all. The screen informs me that I have to do a windows repair with the original disk. I read online that this was due to Camptune corrupting the windows boot system. Unfortunately I cannot get my iMac to reboot from an external DVD with my Windows 7 install. I have no way to fix the problem within windows and now I will have to do a new bootcamp install with a new Windows 7 install.

Do you have a solution for how to restore the bootrec.exe files?

I would appreciate either 1. you give working instructions as to how to repair the boot directories, or 2. you provide a refund since your product has now caused more problems without solving the original issue. At this point I feel kind of ripped in buying your product for $20 only now to discover that I will have to repartition the disk and start from a new install, something I could have done without spending hours on Camptune.

2. Jaxon Rice

Jaxon Rice Registered Member

The exact same thing just happened to me. I also feel ripped off for the $20 only to have your product destroy my boot records. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of buying this program. I suggest anyone wanting to purchase this program to avoid it like the plague.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.