CallingID - link scanner and toolbar

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Victek, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I just learned about CallingID. There are two related products - a browser toolbar and a link scanner for email and web links. Has anyone used these? I wonder how CallingID compares with similar products, such as WOT, SiteAdvisor, and Browser Defender?

2. N2thuWild

N2thuWild Registered Member

Hi... I used it for a while. At that time it worked with IE and email but did not work in Firefox. It was O.K. but I prefer WOT. I do not use SiteAdvisor anymore since the article about it being sometimes a year behind in it's ratings.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm using WOT at the moment and it seems fine, but it's hard to evaluate site rating apps. Why do you prefer WOT over CallingID?

4. N2thuWild

N2thuWild Registered Member

Hi Victek123, I use WOT because i mainly use the Firefox browser and CallingID does not work with the later versions. If you use IE then you might like CallingID and Calling ID Link Advisor. It also tells about links in your email depending on what email you use. If you use Firefox you might also like LinkExtend a Firefox add on. I use that along with WOT. WOT can also be installed for IE.

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I discovered that CallingID doesn't support FireFox 3.08 so I decided to drop it. I'm using WOT since it supports both browsers (including IE 8 ). By the way, this is off topic but you might like to have a look a Xmarks (bookmark sync) which also supports both browsers - very convenient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.