Calendar/pim software?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by M_S, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M_S

M_S Registered Member

Could people offer me opinions and experiences of what calendar/pim software works best for them? Have been using Outlook 2003 for a few years, but since I've just bought The Bat! (which I think it is a brilliant piece of software!) I would like to ditch the bloatware and find a good standalone calendar. I've used Sunbird for awhile on my other computer, and that looks promising, but it's got a way to go before it could replace Outlook for me. So please let me know what you're using and what you would recommend most highly. Thanks! (I am new here, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place - please forgive me if not!)

2. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I also will need a program like this, and the EssentialPIM seems to be great, even the free version...

4. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

You can find lots of such stuff on download.com

5. M_S

M_S Registered Member

There are good reviews on The Great Software List (http://www.anova.org/software/index.html - a site worth bookmarking, I think), which is where I first heard of EssentialPIM - I think that is the one I'm going to go for, and since they give a good discount for people changing from other organisers, it seems good value. (I will need the extra features of the paid version.) But does anybody else have any suggestions for programs that work well?

6. iceni 6_0

iceni 6_0 Guest

this is by far my favourite. it's a beautiful calendar, countdown timer, and clock replacement. it changes the XP clock to the longhorn/Vista? style clock.
    http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1092761816/1
    to launch the calender click the clock once, :)

the pictures in the sceenshot do it no justice at all

7. hadi

hadi Guest

8. M_S

M_S Registered Member

I know both Rainy and LClock - I run and really like LClock, because it's simple and elegant, and there are loads of great skins for Rainlendar. But really there's more like datebooks or something like that, rather than full calendars/pims. Hmmm, EssentialPIM is looking like being the one that works for me. Thanks, everyone, for suggestions so far...

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

10. M_S

M_S Registered Member

You're welcome - I love it. Check out donationcoder.com too - some very good programs, excellent reviews, and I've been enjoying trawling through the forums too.

11. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I already use the Process Tamer... ;)

12. ice60

ice60 Guest

13. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.