CacheSentryPro

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zarzenz, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I've been trying this cache management program out.

http://www.enigmaticsoftware.com/cachesentry_pro/index.html

With a 100 day trial period it seemed like a good idea to see how it works in this extended time period before buying... something I don't normally do with software.

It seems to do its job very well and certainly gets rid of stray files with no problems. But I'm not convinced it's taking stray URLs out so well.

When I run a preview scan for strays using PurgeIE... I see lots of stray URLs that don't seem to get picked up by CacheSentryPro.

Anyone used this and had similar experiences, or any comments about using cache managers generally.

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi ZarZenz, the only product I used when I had my old P3 was Hare from Dachshundsoftware and it manages the cache and stuff ..

Cachesentry I had never heard of.

3. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

Hi Infinity,

Yeah... fair enough... I don't think it is that well known.

But it seems to be quite useful. There is also a free, lighter version called just CacheSentry that I used for a while, but that is not so configurable, so with the pro having a long trial I wanted to see how it compared.

Anyway... maybe someone has tried it and can let us know a bit more.

Cheers,
    zar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.