CA Threat Manager vs Sophos Endpoint Protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by matt231, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt231

matt231 Registered Member

I currently have an option to use either of these (CA Threat Manager is provided via school, and I use Sophos at home).

Both seem equally good to me, but does anyone have some feedback on Sophos in particular?

The reason being is that i've never had a problem (that I know of) with CA Threat manager and I wanted to try Sophos because it seems less resource intensive.

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

I'd say Sophos is better, at least from this test the latest Av-Test.org Test , where CA is terribly behind.

I'd be careful with the heuristics in Sophos though, from the Av-Comparatives tests it seems to make a huge amount of those if heuristics are on max.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I believe there have been complaints of trying to remove CA once installed. That seems to be a running theme of CA products.

4. matt231

matt231 Registered Member

eTrust isn't too bad to remove I found.

I think i'll go with Sophos, since I nearly got infected with Antivirus 2009 and sophos caught it, when I uploaded it to VirusTotal CA didn't catch it then either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.