CA Security Suite 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by googull, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. googull

googull Registered Member

I upgraded my CA eSuite to the new Security Suite 2007 version yesterday. My PC got so slow it felt like it was hit with a virus. I looked at the CPU performance graphs and found a constant sawtooth between 5% and 80% utilization when nothing was being used - and it was never ending! I uninstalled and reinstalled several times with the same result. I reloaded the older iss2 product and took a snap shot of CPU perf to find them flatline at no more than 2% when in the same idle use state, looks the same as when nothing is installed! I have no idea what is making the new product so "busy", too busy in fact for me to use my PC for productive work. It looks like they lost the zonelabs firewall technology, perhaps the new firewall is the issue. Anyone seeing similar? I suppose it is time to get serious about finding a better set of tools.

Attached Files:

2. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

just dump ca away theres a reason why they give their av and antispyware out for free, if you want cheap good protection get bullguard,bitdefender, or even free av like avast or antivir

3. googull

googull Registered Member

I am wishing I hadn't purchased an updated esuite subscription 45 days ago.

4. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Anyone know whose firewall technology is being used here?

5. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

its tiny firewall with some zonealarm i believe

6. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

At least you are lucky to have been able to install it : on one of my PCs, after install, my PC remained stuck at the first reboot during the XP Boot animated window. I had to restore working configuration from the "F8" boot screen.

On another one, the Antispam component wouldn't even install, saying the PPCTL.DLL was damaged or locked. I tried several times, to no avail.

I am really wondering whether this release is still a beta.

7. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I played around with the release candidates and they all seemed to work well for me, i didn't get anything like the huge cpu spikes you are experiencing. The suite does slow a system somewhat depending on the specs.

8. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I was using EZ AV 2005 when creature friend ErikAlbert alerted to me to the fact that when you update and renew your license that forced you into Security Suite setup. They just don't work until you pay for all the modules another words no more just AV screen. The lightness of the product was disappearing. :'(

So I am not surprised with this problem you are having. CA Security seems to be getting big around the waistline. :p EZ AV 2005 was the last for me with CA products. :(

9. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

O. K. I had heard all ZoneAlarm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.