CA Security Center infected

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Rosies, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosies

Rosies Registered Member

I'm running a Dell 8300 with Windows XP. I have CA Security Center thru my internet provider and did a scan tonight and find these infected files.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\52\6d7493b4-17d43151 <OP class>
    Java/SillyDl.EUA

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\59\107\cd1bb-5a23b8a1 <MagicApplet.class>
    Java\ByteVerify!exploit

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\59\107cd1bb-5a23b8a1 <OwnClassLoader.class>
    Java\ByteVerify!exploit

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\59\107cd1bb-5a23b8a1 <ProxyClass Loader.class>
    Java\ByteVerify!exploit

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\59\107cd1bb-5a23b8a1 <Installer.class>
    Java\Shinwow.BG

It doesn't give me the option to do anything with these. I tried to locate them in the hard drive but couldn't find them.
    I'm sure there's several on here who can tell me what to do to get rid of these but please remember not all of us know computers as well as you so please be very detailed.
    I hope I've given enough information for you to help me. It will be greatly appreciated.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hi rosies. Go to start then open your control panel,After you open the control panel you may have to switch to classic view located upper left side,click classic view if not already.Look for your java Icon in the main panel.click on java to open that.Now look for the general tab top left and click that.Now you should see delete internet files,this will empty and clear your cache files. Close the open windows.Now go here download this free version run a full system scanhttp://www.SUPERAntiSpyware.com and follow prompt at the end if it finds something it will say. follow any prompts, If it says it found X and you need to reboot then reboot see how it goes.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Also under the General tab\Temporary Internet files, click on settings. Remove the check mark from "Keep temporary files on my computer". This should eliminate any infections of this type in the future.

You should not have to switch to classic view to to this. :rolleyes:

4. Rosies

Rosies Registered Member

djohn,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Your instructions worked great. I did a scan afterwards and the infected files are gone.
    Thank you again,
    Rosies

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Your r Welcome.cheers

6. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I'd also recommend uninstalling all old versions of Java (often exploited) in add or remove programs or by running Javara. Afterwards you may want to run ATFCleaner or CCleaner then install the latest version of Sun Java.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.