CA HIPS toolkit Test harness timeout problem.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by suryam, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suryam

suryam Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum. Also I do know that I am more better at asking this question about CA HIPS at the support e-mail of CA. However, as time is running out, I need some help.
    I have a lot of confusion regarding CA Test Harness toolkit. I am a licensed user of CA HIPS having been the same of Tiny Pro 2005 previously.
    The software installed fine. It seems (from the help files given) that the test harness is only a training tool. No serial key is given for that. That harness is now expiring. The main CA firewall seems to be working fine. I am trying to find out all about this firewall and its changed architecture.
    Previously I did have some trouble understanding and configuring the Tiny pro 2005 firewall as well.
    I do not want the same to continue with CA HIPS.
    Is there any way to overcome all of this..??
    Can some ex tiny and now new purchasers of CA HIPS on this forum help me out ..??
    I would be really grateful to them.
    They can mail me at mlist_2006@fastmail.fm .
    Right now I am trying to figure out the help files given.
    Also can anyone tell me as to whether there is any forum exclusively dedicated to CA HIPS. I could find none so far.
    TIA,

Sincerely,
    Narayana@VSP
    India

2. HIPS

HIPS Registered Member

change time to one years ago!

3. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Doesn't your key for CA HIPS for for the test harness?

4. suryam

suryam Registered Member

Yes the CA HIPS key will not work.
    Also I have sent an e-mail to CA-India (as I am an Indian customer), and they did not bother to reply me back.
    Similarly, after booting up, I am setting the date to 1 year back, switching on the interface and resetting the time to current time back again.
    That hack works.
    Bye

Suryam@Vizag, India

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.