CA Antivirus vs AVG Free

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by duke1959, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

This has been my experience too. Thinking back 'cause it's been a while. I never wanted to scan more then once a day with any AV so I do not know about that part. ;)

2. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hey mercurie, I see you use both AOL AVS and Antivir PE on seperate PC's. Which do you like better of these two? The reason I ask, is that I originally was thinking of using CA or going back to AVG Free, because they both run light and I wanted to use Spyware Terminator with one of them. However, after having second thoughts now, I will either go with Antivir and ST, or just stay with AVS and continue to use it's own spyware protection. I'm just not sure how good the Kaspersky spyware detection and prevention is.

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Sorry I missed your question. :oops:

I like Antivir PE best and leave real time spyware protection up to BOClean on my PC. On Family PC which would be subjected to more risk I also have OutPost FW too. Also as I have said before I think that if you could only have one security product to protect you it would be Kaspersky because I think it has superior coverage for all general malwares.

But I actually prefer security product specialities, without going over board. A good example would be My PC; BOClean covers trojans, rootkits, spywares and such. (light on resources). Then you have Antivir a good solid AV (free and light on resources) a good firewall set up behind a NAT router. Firewall should be as light as you can get free Kerio fits that very nicely.

Good protection multi layer not over done. :) Add to this good common sense. I just don't see how this type of set up can fail you. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.