CA Antivirus 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by duke1959, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

One thing i noticed is that last time i checked avg free was still only version 7.1. I wonder if they will release a free v7.5

2. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

I tried recently to install CA AV 8.1 on two different XP systems. I had with both major problems, including failure to reboot after install. I would strongly recommand wait until the next release. The previous version, 7.x, is perfectly fine.

3. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Didn't have any problem with installing 8.1, went very smooth and program also runs very smooth!

4. MerleOne

Glad to hear that, but I still fond very suspicious that a recently released software fails to install or work properly on two very different XP systems. And especially compared to the previous version that worked flawlessly on every system I have installed it on.

I do hope they fix that soon, because I really liked the 7.x version.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Hmmm seems strange that you had trouble with those 2 systems, are they clean systems? Perhaps previous or current software is conflicting. I've installed it 3 times now with no problems

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I agree totally. ;)

7. MerleOne

Some of the problems are the same, like the fact that after the install the system refused to boot. Some are different : I had a problem with the spyware component of CA Internet Security Suite that wouldn't install on one system, saying ppctl.dll was either locked or damaged...

But you are right, there is probably some software conflicting, since they share most of them. The problem is to know which one(s)...

Anyway, thanks for the info. I hope I can make it work soon...

8. tanoos

tanoos Registered Member

After I successfully installed CA antivirus V.8.1.0 , there is no icon in the icon tray. The software says all is green and go but the email and real time logs are both empty. I'm assuming that no icon means not operatingo_O?
    I have Adaware Adwatch installed and running but nothing else. Win. XP home.

9. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Can someone please upload a screenshot of the advanced options of CA AV2007? Thanks!

10. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Mine dissapeared during my demo too. Go to the Control Panel then Taskbar and Start Menu. Click the customize button on the Taskbar tab then make sure that the CA Security Center is flagged to always show. Hope this is the answer....:eek: :D

11. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

------------
    Can someone please upload a screenshot of the advanced options of CA AV2007? Thanks!
    ----------------------

Attached Files:

• CAAV.jpg
      CAAV.jpg
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
  12. MerleOne

Hi,

I just got an e-mail from CA support saying basically they are now aware of some problems with the current release and that they are working on a new build. I hope they have tracked down all the problems some users and I have experienced so far.

13. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i tried the suite, its the worst one on the market:

1. no options
    2. slows pc dramatically
    3. lower detection rate
    4. basic software, made by children maybe?

every other suite ive tried is better than this one, this is the lowest of the low and now i aint too surprised za suite was rated poo-poo, as ca let them use their antivirus and spyware, hmm ... bad choice ZA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.