??- C:\WINDOWS\system32\trass.exe

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by C0Y0TE, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C0Y0TE

C0Y0TE Registered Member

I noticed this .exe today, my firewall informed me that it was uploading at over 80% of my total bandwidth.. :ninja: Couldn't find anything about it with web searches, anyone know what the heck this thing is, and what it's trying to do? I blocked it with Sygate and it didn't effect a thing that I can tell, and I've never seen it in my XP task list before, so I'm assuming it ain't friendly..

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Coyote,

Welcome to Wilders.

I'm not finding anything much on that file either, but whenever you come across an unknown file running in your TaskManger, the best suggestion is to do a search of your hard drive and upload the suspicious file to Jotti's malware scan and have it checked for infection. If the scan results come back as infected, at least you'll have a better idea of what you might be dealing with.

If when you do the search you are unable to find the file, it may be hidden. To make all files and folders viewable, follow these instructions for your operating system: How to Show Hidden Files and Folders

You have not mentioned what security apps you have (anti-virus, anti-spyware, or anti-trojan). If you do not have such security apps to scan your system with, you might want to go through our General Cleaning Instructions and use the suggested tools there to do a full scan of your computer.

Please let us know what Jotti's scan results are, or if you have any questions regarding the cleaning instructions, let us know and we'll help you through them.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.