c:\windows\system32 loads everytime i log on

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by sassyzorro, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sassyzorro

sassyzorro Registered Member

Hi everytime i start my pc i get c:\windows\system32 on my deaktp showing all the files in there . How do i stop this from happening. checked for virus, did adaware check, spyware check, and tried to fix any problems in my registry with a registry fixer demo program
    nothing seems to stop this any ideas what might be causing this and how to stop it.
    thanks in advance for any help

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. bloodscourge

bloodscourge Registered Member

Hi,

Got this problem twice in a month, I suspect a registry cleaner or startup application but no certainty... take a look at default keys in registry :

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (or RunOnce)
    - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (or RunOnce)

Defaut keys should be : name = (Default), type = REG_SZ, value=(value not set). For me, value was empty (hence the c:\windows\system32 opening). One solution I found is to log in safe mode, regedit and delete corrupted keys (recreated automatically with the right value :))

Don't know if it's your problem (empty Run entry).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.