C:\WINDOWS\SxsCaPendDel

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by oma53, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oma53

oma53 Registered Member

Hello,
    Does anyone recognize the following directory as a “legal” dir?
    C:\WINDOWS\SxsCaPendDel
    This is starting to worry me as I take my responsibility to keep my system clean very seriously.
    Another forum is working with me on this problem and I will continue to work with them on the malware issue, if there is one. But they are very busy and have not had time to look at my scan logs yet.
    If this is a directory that a legal program put there, I could cancel my request with them for the help.
    I know of multiple people who have this directory and they all have good security IMO. I have been trying to track this down in Google, but after 2 days and approx 6 hours total, I have found nothing either way. None of the other people, (7) who have this directory that I know of locally, have any problems that would suggest malware, myself included.
    I have tried to find a program or hardware that we all have in common, but I have been unable to do so to date. Myself and 4 others run CAD (Alibre and SW), but so far that is the only link.
    Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated as my skill in trying to find an answer with issues like this is lacking.
    Thank You.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Check here: http://www.pcguide.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-57269.html . Possible copy protection on a game you may have installed? It could also be related to Sony.

3. oma53

oma53 Registered Member

Thank you dw426 for your reply.
    With the link you provided, I have found 5 post that mention the copy protection. I will monitor the security forums for any future issues for this folder.
    Thank you again for taking the time to help me with this issue.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

You're quite welcome :)

5. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Probably just libraries being removed from WinSxS. I have the folder on my XP system that has two files that appear to be MS Visual C++ libraries. The time stamps are around the same time I installed the VCREDIST_x86sp1 libraries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.