c:\uydjoe.exe virus threat eset nod32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rudr_aksh, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudr_aksh

rudr_aksh Registered Member

while checking mails...( I.E.7 latest ver ) , I received a threat msg from nod32 like C:\UYDJOE.EXE ....... Threat - win32/packed.auto it.genapplication

Whether to delete / no action ..... ( no clean option ).
    I selected delete.... C-drive was scanned , now I am not able to access C-drive directly from my computer ( double click ) ....when I access C-drive, it asks select any of the foll. Prog.to open with...... When browse selected , I can view the files and folders in the explore mode. windows folder has lot of scrap files $Ntuninstall...... Also while using nero to create bkup ... c drive list certain files like autorun.inf, boot.ini, config.sys, io.sys, msdos.sys, ntdetect.com, pagefile.sys, recycler folder, system volume info. Folder....
    D-drive list shows... Uydjoe.exe file, autorun.inf, recycler folder,.....( D-drive not scanned )
    Nod32 is giving me same threat for D-drive ..ie. D\UYDJOE.EXE.....threat-win32/packed.auto.it.gen application..

What shuold I do....select DELETE or No Action .....for D-drive....
    R my C and D drive completely damaged... Why r these autorun.inf ,...etc files still being shown in C drive.....how to delete them, can we find the path where the virus file is actually located....

Help me.

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

What happens if you right click the drive and choose Explore?

Then delete the Autorun.inf files and NOTHING ELSE.

These are system files - DO NOT DELETE OR ALTER.

Basically when you try to open the drives the Autorun.inf files run and they open the exe files. However as you have deleted the exe they can't run the exe and now ask what you want to do.

Delete the Autorun.inf files and the UYDJOE.EXE on the D Drive then update NOD and full scan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.