C:\0pwrhPgWDO7...... windows 7. What's this?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by syncmaster913n, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syncmaster913n

syncmaster913n Registered Member

I've noticed something which I'm completely unable to find any information on anywhere online.

I left my computer on for a few hours today with Moo0 FileMonitor enabled (I forgot to turn it off). For those who don't know, this software monitors all changes happening on your hard drive - new files created/deleted/written to etc., in every possible location on the hard drive.

When I got back and looked into the Moo0 log, I saw entries as shown in the picture below:

http://postimage.org/image/e2ukc7gyl/

Does anyone know what this is? These rename/delete/write operations were taking place at a rate of approximately 60 operations per second for the entire duration of my absence from my computer. Once I moved the mouse in my computer, these operations halted and there was no trace of these files on my HDD anymore.

I do not have hibernation or any other power management services turned on.

I'm running Windows 7 x64.

2. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

maybe the indexing service running?

3. syncmaster913n

No it's not that, I have the indexing service disabled (and almost every other service as well).

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Can't you find out the process tied to those files? You could see Process Monitor/similar (I don't know if Moo0 FileMonitor works in a similar way.).

Keep it running for quite a while and see if you can spot anything.

-edit-

Have you tried verifying it with Event Viewer? Who knows if it may reveal something.

5. syncmaster913n

Yes that's something I was going to attempt if no one over here knew the answer; I don't usually leave my computer on unattended, that was an extreme situation and I'd like to avoid having to do it for testing purposes; I had just DBANed and reinstalled my system afresh when this took place, so I wasn't worried about leaving it on. I will leave the computer on tonight with Moo0 and process monitor running.

I have event logging disabled.

It was interesting to me that google drew a complete blank when I searched for "0pwrhPgWDO7* windows" :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.