Bzone and FF add-ons a problem

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by emmjay, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I had FF installed with several of my fav. odd-ons running. I installed BufferZone and all was well. FF sent add-on updates and after I restarted for the install, they all disappeared. I opened FF w/o BZone and everthing updated and the add-ons were there, however after closing FF and reopening it in BZone, I had no add-ons at all. I read on the BZone forum that other users have this problem and the solution was to set 'notify all' on in the config. page. I did this and requested 3 add-ons for FF to install...BZone did not intervene when I selected 'install', or when I selected 'FF restart' ... what is this feature supposed to do? After the restart none of my add-ons were available (outside BZone they exist).

Uninstalling BZone and reinstalling it did not accomplish much either. The BZone forum looked somewhat unmanned ... maybe they have all jumped ship over there. What to do? Anyone have a solution to this? I am new to SB apps.

2. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

With Firefox Addons and Bufferzone you have to install the addons outside BZ, then, before starting Firefox inside BZ, right-click from the tray and open, then 'Empty Bufferzone' but make sure all three boxes are ticked, not just the first one. Firefox should now open inside BZ with the updated addons :thumb: .

3. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Thx Mrfargoreed, I did what you suggested and it worked. :) I will have to remember to do this the next time add-on updates come my way.

Too bad that forum has gone dark ... I quite like BZone (good for a newbie like me).

4. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

Glad it worked emmjay. One thing that I have noticed is that BZ still leaves .virtual files in Firefox's cache folder. This can affect little things - for example, I have a weather forecast addon for Firefox. Outside of BZ, the data was displayed in the top toolbar I'd customised. Running inside BZ, the toolbar was at the bottom of the screen, even after emptying BZ as above. I had to use CCleaner and it found lots of other .virtual files that it deleted. Then I restarted Firefox inside BZ and it was fine again. It's a good product, but just has one or two little niggles at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.