Bypass B&R 10 Suite Startup Menu

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Adric, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I would like to avoid having to go through the startup menu every time I run B&R 10 Suite to Switch to Full Scale Drive Backup Pro. Is there another shortcut that can be created to avoid the menu and go directly to Backup Pro?

Sometimes too much simplification is not always the best solution for everyone and that should be kept in mind.

Al

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Sure,

In the program2 folder, rt click and rename explauncher.exe to e.g. OLDexplauncher.exe.

Rt click your Paragon desktop icon , select Properties and change the end of target line from explauncher.exe to launcher.exe.

Hope it helps.

3. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Thanks, the shortcut is already set to launcher.exe so all you have to do is to make sure explauncher.exe can't be found. The problem with that is you no longer get the Express Mode button when in full scale mode. I have to question why launcher goes looking for explauncher.exe and executing that instead of going to full straightaway.

BTW, what happened to the Advanced Mode selection next to the Help? If I recall correctly, the advanced mode setting is remembered until you select Express Mode button from within advanced mode.

Al

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. Adric

Adric Registered Member

In case anyone is interested. Launcher.exe and explauncher.exe in the download version of B&R10 Suite are broken - in that the advanced option is not remembered when selecting it. If you take the launcher.exe and explauncher.exe from DriveCopy 9.5 and use those instead, the last selection (either express mode or advanced) will be remembered. This is how I expect it to work.

I really don't understand why bug updates are not available when you have a paid license for a given product - at least as long as that version is still considered current. Maybe, it is possible. Can someone from support comment on this?

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It behaves differently now.

Why do you say it is a bug?

It may be a design decision.

Like you, I would prefer the last selection to be remembered.

6. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I opened a ticket on this. I'll post back when I hear something. BTW, the launcher.exe and explauncher.exe from drivecopy 95 has a newer build date than that from B&R10 Suite:

DC95 -> 10.0.10.10809 (Build 9409)
    B&R10 suite -> 10.0.10.10505 (Build 9105)

The newer version remembers the last selection and the older doesn't. Different behavior doesn't mean it is working correctly. I see no concrete
    evidence that a design change was made. Do you have any?

Al

7. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Issue accepted as a bug.

Quote: "Yes, you are right, there is such bug in Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite. Thank you for your time and efforts to provide us this information. I've forwarded your request to our Developers Team for consideration. They are already working on solving the issue. Bugfix should appear in future version of Paragon Backup & Recovery. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us."

BTW, they also told me I could get the fix in the next version at a discount. :thumbd: . I guess I'll stick with the giveaways from now on.

Al

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.