Bye everybody

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Starrob, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone. Wilders provides me entertainment during my vacation. In a few hours, I'll be flying to my ship.....so this might be my last post for awhile.

Right now, I should be sleep but I am unable....I guess I'll sleep on the plane. I usually get very nervous before I leave for the ship. It is really so hard to leave home for 4 months at a time. I am constantly trying to remember if I have taken care of everything.....If I forget something very often I won't be able to take care of things for 4 months...until I get home.

I am usually feeling better after I am on the ship for about a month. After about a month I get in a groove....but right now, I am nervous because I am rusty after being off for 4 months.....a ship is a dangerous place. I think statistically outside of the military it is the third most dangerous job in the world. I read somewhere that it ranks just behind policemen and firemen as the most dangerous job.....damn...I have to go back to thinking. I can't offord not to think when I am out there. Being sloppy could lose a eye, a limb, a finger or a life.

Well, I got a long flight ahead of me....let me finish my final preparations. Bye everybody!!

Starrob

2. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

3. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

4. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Well I don't know you, but take care and stay safe. I myself server with the Army, so I know the feeling to be in harm's way a couple of times.

5. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Bye for now-you take care of yourself and stay safe.Will be looking forward to your return!
    your friend
    Rita

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Serve us well, take care and will await your return for any\all stories you wish to share.

7. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Good luck to you. Stay safe, and be sure to come back here when you have returned.

8. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Take care Starrob, see you in 4 mths! :D ;)

9. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

Thanks all....I am off to the airport now......Everyone have fun!!!

Starrob

10. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

See ya in 4 months Starrob.

11. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

:D Although we have not crossed paths officially at Wilders .... I have read some of your postings & I do wish you the best of luck !!! :D ;) :D

HR :cool:

12. In paris

In paris Guest

I am in paris now. My last taste of civilization for awhile. I am on my wiresless connection roaming so I am not going to stay long. This will probably be my last post for awhile.

I got a connecting flight in about a hour and then it will be just a lot of eat, sleep, work 12 hours on, 12 hours off for me for the next few months. It is ok after I am there a few weeks. It is just the first few days that are so depressing. Everyone take care...I'll post again when the ship gets back to the USA in about a month or so (barring change in plans).

Starrob

13. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Take good care out there Starrob. :)

My late grandfather was a merchant marine for a time and he used to tell me many stories of his journeys and adventures on the high seas. He always said he wouldn't want to do anything else as it was very rewarding to him but it was also very trying leaving the family behind for long periods of time....

Be safe,

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.