Bvdpss Nasty nasty malware

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by DieBvdpss, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DieBvdpss

DieBvdpss Registered Member

Hi, my name is Ricardo and I'm new to this forum.

I come to you to ask for advice, I don't know what to do. I noticed this little thing got into my system when it startd opening and closing my msn messengr windows. It shut down my AVG, Ad-aware and if I try to install any other new antivirus either the instalation fails or the malware closes the program upon start. I tried booting to safe mode but it always ends up rebooting itself halfway there (you know the part with the black screen and all those files saying partitioning appearing) so I can't access Safe Mode either.

It has totally hijacked my system. It blocked access to registry and Msconfig, even killing the process tree does nothing, if I try to access webpages regarding security and anti-viruses it returns me a 404, in fact I'm using a web proxy right now to be able post here because it doesn't lets me access certain websites otherwise.

I've found but one flaw in this thing however, but it's not enough to change anything. Thing is it was also keeping me from opening hijackthis (after a while of dodging the browser hijacking that kept me from accessing the sites that offer it) but I figured I'd rename it and run it and it worked! Anything else named "Hijackthis.exe" or something similar gets immediatly shut down. So yeah, I renamed it to "lol.exe" and it works now.

This is the log I got.

Normally I'd give up by now and reformat, but I have 2 final projects due this week and I can't afford to lose a good portion of my information. Quite the timing to get hit by a virus uh. Not to mention I'm not sure how much this thing has messed up my laptop if its crashing my system when I try to boot on safe mode.

Thankfully it doesn't seems to be taking on my system's resources but im afraid that if I get on msn it might try to spread itself through it or if I access my email account it will keylog my password (used a diff comp to make this forum account).

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text. Thank you for your time in advance. :D :oops:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Sorry, DieBvdpss, no HijackThis logs can be posted on this forum as per this policy: Stopping HijackThis Log Cleaning Services. There are various recommended sites in that thread that you should visit and post your log there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.