Buy TDS-3 ..pay again for TDS-4 ?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Ponder, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ponder

Ponder Guest

Hi,
    I am considering purchasing TDS-3 but a little unclear as to whether this entiltles me to a free upgrade to TDS-4 when it's released ? It seems to me that you only qualify for updates to TDS-3 ...would I be right?
    This could then delay my purchase until the new release as software dates so quickly and I have been caught before by buying a program only to find that a new version comes out & they want me to pay again.
    I would want the latest version for as long as possible...especially for a top security program.
    Thanks

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Ponder, welcome!
    TDS-3 registered operators get free upgrade for TDS-4.
    Your idea to limit free upgrades for TDS-3 was a good one though. Too late! decided free for TDS-4 too already. So get it and have your system secured immediately!
    And once running for the site, make sure to get all the goodies!

3. Sisko

Sisko Registered Member

I am also thinking about buying TDS3.
    On the shop page of the DiamondCS website (http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=shop ) there is a Special Action Pack but after reading the precedent post by Jooske, I am a little be confused. Let me explain :
    You seems to says that TDS4 will be a free upgrade for registered tds3 user. Am I right ?
    If yes, the action package price is not so interresting has it seems.
    The special price is $99 instead of $190. It include TDS3,PE, WG3 and upgrade to TDS4 and WG4.
    So TDS3 $50 + PE $30 + WG3 $30 = $110 not $190.
    But if the upgrades are not free then I should add TDS4 $50 + WG4 $30 = 80$. Total is now $110+$80 = $190.
    If the action pack value is $190 then the upgrade for TDS4 and WG4 will not be free.

Am I missing something ?

Regards,
    Sisko

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Not sure what is missed, anyway the 99 is less then a normal 110 and half of the value of 190, so not really bad. I would not think the TDS-4 will still be 50, nor the WG4 30, i think they would be more or for new users could require a yearly amount, i don't know, really, but as the projects have not completed yet for more betatesting, there is not talked about possible price indications yet at all. But TDS-4 Pro and WG-4 will be free for existing registered users anyway.
    So in the meantime you can be well protected with the top notch software while waiting for the next editions.

So you're happy with the software thus far!

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes, maybe a bit confusing. If the uprade to TDS4 & WG4 were NOT free the value would be $190, so you get the three items at a reduced cost + free upgrades as described.
    BTW All are available for free trial. With TDS3 you will have to update the radius database directly from DCS site & PE has some limitations set that are available in the full (paid for) version.

HTH Pilli

6. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

stop thinking and buy lol also make sure at the top the posts with the little red pins read them all they are there to help newbies or beginers like me on how to run the program.

tds is perty easy to use it dont seem like that when you see all the toys it has but actualy with like 4 or 5 mouse clicks your completly secure forever its awsome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.