But How does MRU-Blaster actually work?

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Justin W Walsh, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin W Walsh

Justin W Walsh Registered Member

Since I installed MRU-Blaster I have been getting good and bad signals.
    I naively believed that MRU-B somehow knows which lists are necessary for internal use and which are for outside use, SpywareBlaster is pretty good that way
    Many strange events: programs, like AVG and Ad-Aware insist that I haven't done an update for, say 26 days, when I do it everyday, and each time I do it tells me the software is up-to-date.
    Performance wise I think the system is much faster.
    However I still get (after an Ad-Aware run) up to seven MRU's.
    By what criteria are these allowed to remain.
    Again, although I have specifically (via XPlite) removed IE, some programs manage to ignore my preference for firefox and bring up IE. I say that because the MRU's relate to IE.
    Puzzled
    Justin

2. win9x

win9x Registered Member

Hi, I have MRU-B installed on win98 notebook and winxp, and on both system along with avg free it works perfect, are your clocks correct? ;-)

Unlike mrublaster, ADAware is still updated, so that's why AAW maybe discovered additional MRUs, perhaps in programs which were made after MRUBlaster was last updated (several yeas ago).

MRU-B is old as hell, but it is still very good, the silent clean option rocks. AFAIK AAW does not delete for example those MRUs carrying which folders you have opened etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.