Business Edition or Home edition?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by reevesloh, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

My ESS4 version 4.0.424.0 is going to expire this december so i planning to continue use my current ESS4 by buy other 1 years license but i still figure out which one is better?Is it business edition have other extra function compare to home edition?Actually me is a home user that like to gaming and suffing internet but i really expect a full protection from Eset so which one is better?

2. cssoz

cssoz Registered Member

if you're home user i recommend Home, and update to v4.0.467 (latest build = improvements + fixes). Your current version is buggy and out of date by months

Additional Business Edition Benefits

or visit http://www.eset.com/smartsecurity/business.php at the bottom

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Business edition functions the same locally as the home edition. Business Edition licenses have to be purchased with a minimum of 5-users, so if you are only installing it on 1 home computer, Home Edition is what you need.

The biggest different between Home and Business, besides how many users you can buy, is that Business Edition comes bundled with the Remote Administrator Console used to make deploying/managing licenses on a network easier.

The actual desktop product being installed functions the same though.

So, stick with the Home Edition license, or you'll end up buying more licenses than you need.

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello reevesloh,

Capp and cssoz have provided correct responses. If you are running a single home machine, a home user license is the recommended option.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.