business edition installer vs home ed installer

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jonkoer, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonkoer

jonkoer Registered Member

Is there a way to download an earlier version of Eset Smart Security Business edition? (I'm having trouble with current version, maybe an earlier version would work ok?)

I googled "older version" but the ones I see do not indicate that they are Business Edition. Is it a problem if I install a Home Edition on this XP computer? My license is for Business Ed. I think that only the Bus. Ed. will work on a Windows Server, right?

What are consequences if I run Business Ed on my server and some other PCs but run Home Ed on this one PC?

Thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you have a valid license for Business edition , this allows you to use both Home and Business edition products. Yes , you can install and use Home edition on Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 computer but not on a server OS such as Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server

When downloading older version of an ESET product be sure to check its digital signature
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1256016707260

What is your problem , by the way ? Have you tried v3.0.694 (the latest v3 build) ?

3. jonkoer

jonkoer Registered Member

Thanks! I have a 5-user, 3-years Business Edition license. I have installed ESS Business Edition 4.0.467 on: 1 Windows Small Business Server 2003 computer, and on 3 other computers running Windows XP Pro SP2. It is not working on one of the XP Pro computers, so I was considering perhaps uninstalling the Business Edition on that computer and replacing it with a Home Edition license (or perhaps with an earlier version of ESS Business Edition), to see if those would work.

Good point.

There are several problems, but the main problem causing me to consider installing an older ESS Home Edition version is that on one of the XP Pro computers, the Firewall in Business Edition 4.0.467 does not work. I have a separate thread about it, called "Re: HELP!!! Error msg: "Failed to change settings"". It does not see the subnet that it's on, and I cannot add the subnet. I cannot change the security level between "Strict" and "Allow sharing". When I try to change these (& other) settings for the firewall, I get a small popup error message box stating "Failed to Change Settings."

I have created a Trouble Ticket with Eset about this, but Eset tech support has not responded to it, in over a week. I also created the thread here about it, but so far there is no solution. Very disappointing, considering that I spent a LOT of money on this Business Edition license.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have had a few such cases . It seems to me that ESS is extremely sensitive to Windows' networking issues and if something in the networking part is not in a perfect/virgin condition , it might not work . That is why I prefer EAV to ESS.

Make sure there are no leftovers of previously installed AV and try this:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1439139&postcount=3

Check the permissions your account/system has for ESET reg keys

Remeber that if ESS does not work for your PC , your license supports downgrade - you can use ESET NOD32 on the problematic computer with another firewall such as Windows Firewall

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.