burning of image creations keep failing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by axel_2078, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axel_2078

axel_2078 Registered Member

It took some tinkering and reading in here to figure out how to make a bootable rescue disk. It turns out the drag-and-drop feature of Roxio was the culprit. I had to turn it off to create the rescue disk. However, it must be turned on again to burn images to cd/dvd. For whatever reason, I've gotten two failed image creations. I'm trying to backup my C: drive and the burn seems to go smoothly until it's about 80% done, and then it quits and gives me an error message about bad media. WTF? How can I get a reliable burn of my imaged drive? Is this software really that buggy? I'm using True Image 8.0 by the way.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

We need a bit more information.

1. What are you burning to? CD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW or DVD+R?

2. Are you creating the image in Windows or did you boot from the TI Recovery CD?

3. Which build of TI 8 are you using (Help / About will provide the build number. 903 is the current build.

It might help to tell us what version of Windows you are using and what type of computer (desktop, notebook, CPU, RAM, etc.)

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, jmk94903

Not anymore now it's #937. ;)

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. axel_2078

I'm trying to burn to DVD-R. I'm trying to create the image from within Windows XP. This is a desktop computer (AMD Athlon XP). I am using build 912.

5. axel_2078

Update: Trying to create the image from within Windows XP by booting into Safe Mode first doesn't work either. When I try to create the image, I get the error: "Failed to create the scheduled task. Error #1722. - The RPC server is unavailable."

Also when I try to burn the image to dvd-r by booting from the Acronis rescue disk and selecting create image, that doesn't work either. I get error "Failed to write data to the image archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality."

So far I've learned that trying to create images from within Windows XP doesn't work, booting into Safe Mode to create the images doesn't work, and using the rescue disk to burn images doesn't work. Is it possible to make this software work? Is it really this difficult? I can't believe this is a retail product. It should be freeware.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  6. TheQuest

Hi, axel_2078

First start as jmk94903 said get the latest build. #937.

Then I suppose you already know Ti does not write to DVD's itself.
    Is that of any help to anyone.

Take Care,

7. axel_2078

What does Ti stand for? What won't burn to dvd? The acronis software itself or something else?

8. TheQuest

Hi, axel_2078

TrueImage.
    Read this here:- FAQ

Take Care,

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello axel_2078,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that there is no 912 build of Acronis True Image 8.0. You can always find the full version name and build number as it is shown at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/

As jmk94903 has said, first of all, please download and install the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Please also note that Acronis True Image 8.0 does not allow you to burn images to DVD when booted from special Bootable Rescue CD, as it doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software.

We recommend you to install an UDF packet DVD writing software
    such as Ahead InCD or Roxio DirectCD, format DVDs by means
    of this software and then use formatted disсs with Acronis True Image.

I'm afraid that you can not burn your images directly to DVD-R media as it can not be UDF formatted. I recommend you to use DVD+\-RW or DVD+R to store your images. Please also note that DVD+R at this moment can be formatted only by Roxio Drag To Disc.

You can read more on how to burn your images to DVD in the following FAQ article.

If you still receive Error #1722 after installing the update then please do the following:

- Make sure that Acronis Scheduler 2 Service (Administrative Tools -> Services) Startup type is set to Automatic in Properties. If it is not so, make it so.

- If the above does not help, run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe manually in Windows Task Manager (File -> New Task).

Please inform me about the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.