Burning Backup from C to CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by whitters, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitters

whitters Registered Member

HELP!!!I am a first time user of this product and have had nothing but problems. o_O I have updated True Image and have performed a backup to the C drive (11 cds). I can burn them to a cd and I thought that was that until I tried to test them. I opened True Image and tried a a restore image. I received an error message stating that the cd was corrupt. True Image wanted me to burn a bootable rescue disk which I did but when I tried to open this I received the same error message that the cd was corrupt. I am running windows XP SP2. I am using an older Roxio CD product (version 5.2.0.56 Easy Cd Creator 5) that came bundled with my Dell Computer about 2 years ago. I cannot understand how I am able to successfully burn a data image and not be able to open it up due to corruption. I have also used two different Manufacturers for CDs. Is my CD writer out of date and if so what is recommended without having to spend an arm and a leg on this costly venture? THANKS :eek:

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

You should update you ECDC first. Go to Roxio's site and download the free patches. Then do this:

1. Install ECDC 5 Basic

2. Use the updater ecdc_v5.3.5.10_basic_enu.exe to update to 5.3.5.10.

3. Use the updater driveup5.3.5v.exe to update to 5.3.5.10v.

4. If you get an error or status message saying "<Drive is use by "(null)"> you need to:

4.1. Uninstall ECDC.
    4.2. Run RoxiZap.
    4.3. Delete the Lowerfilters and Upperfiles keys from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\
    Control\
    Class\
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

See Microsoft KnowledgeBase article 314060.

4.4. Restart the computer
    4.5. Re-install ECDC.
    4.6. Re-apply updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.