Burning Backup from C to CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by whitters, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitters

whitters Registered Member

May 13, 2005
    HELP!!!I am a first time user of this product and have had nothing but problems. o_O I have updated True Image and have performed a backup to the C drive (11 cds). I can burn them to a cd and I thought that was that until I tried to test them. I opened True Image and tried a a restore image. I received an error message stating that the cd was corrupt. True Image wanted me to burn a bootable rescue disk which I did but when I tried to open this I received the same error message that the cd was corrupt. I am running windows XP SP2. I am using an older Roxio CD product (version Easy Cd Creator 5) that came bundled with my Dell Computer about 2 years ago. I cannot understand how I am able to successfully burn a data image and not be able to open it up due to corruption. I have also used two different Manufacturers for CDs. Is my CD writer out of date and if so what is recommended without having to spend an arm and a leg on this costly venture? THANKS :eek:
  2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Mar 17, 2005
    You should update you ECDC first. Go to Roxio's site and download the free patches. Then do this:

1. Install ECDC 5 Basic

2. Use the updater ecdc_v5.3.5.10_basic_enu.exe to update to

3. Use the updater driveup5.3.5v.exe to update to

4. If you get an error or status message saying "<Drive is use by "(null)"> you need to:

4.1. Uninstall ECDC.
    4.2. Run RoxiZap.
    4.3. Delete the Lowerfilters and Upperfiles keys from

See Microsoft KnowledgeBase article 314060.

4.4. Restart the computer
    4.5. Re-install ECDC.
    4.6. Re-apply updates.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.