BurnAware Free

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I was using Ashampoo Burning studio that I got from GAOTD, but it couldnt handle all the burning discs I needed to create. So I did some digging.

Ive had experience with Ashampoo, Cheetah DVD Burner, CDBurnerXP, ImgBurn, and now this. Issue is I havent had to burn a CD since getting my iPod which was a few months back. Needless to say I still havent used it so Im looking for opinions on it.

Anyone have likes, dislikes, or use another software over this and why?

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I like it. (Watch out for the Ask Toolbar installer!) It's simple but has worked for everything I've tried it on (music CDs and ISOs.)

I also like CDBurnerXP but it needs .NET Framework. For some, this is not desirable. But it too has performed well for me.

Whenever I have bothered with ImgBurn, it works. But my god what a pain to use! It's not intuitive to me at all!

I too have been a booster of Ashampoo's Burning Suite but have given up after version 9 issues. Recently I have been getting nearly 100% coasters from it which is ridiculous. In fact, I have uninstalled it from every PC I had it on.

3. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

BurnAware Free v2 was my default CD and DVD burner for a long time; it was super simple and straightforward, but not as capable as ImgBurn (fewer options, etc). v3 came out recently and I'm still deciding whether I like it more or less than version 2. This new version now shares my default burner spot with CDBurnerXP (because I feel CDBurnerXP has improved over its recent updates).

In any case, BurnAware Free is not a big or difficult program, so just keep it installed until you have occasion to use it, see how it works for you, and uninstall if you don't like.

4. SFC

SFC Registered Member

Not anymore IMHO. From version 2.5.0.0 (26/07/09) there´s an "advanced input mode" that is in fact very easy to use. You can drag and drop files like CDBurnerXP for example. And there´s also the Ez-Mode Picker.

5. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

There are just a bunch of great free programs. In my eyes BurnAware and CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn are all great programs. I do however use InfraRecorder, I love it. There is only one problem if you compare if to the others 3, there are hardly updates coming out.

Previously I always used BurnAware because it is really easy and simple to use. The last time however CDBurnerXP had quite a lot of good updates. I think that CDBurnerXP is the most flexible program of all.
    ImgBurn is my least favourite, despite its options.

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

ImgBurn has alot of flexibility. I doubt I would ever use it all so the majority of it would be useless.

I really like the layout of BurnAware. It has a nice, clean, simple interface. You just select what you want and go from there.

Only thing I wish was different was their update process. Its just like CCleaners. You have to download the new installer and install over the old installation rather than just the update files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.