Burnaware 6 released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nikanthpromod, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

BurnAware 6.0
    (6-Feb-2013)

New Features:

Home Edition has been renamed to the Premium.
    New menu to switch the size of the Main Screen.
    New tool to check the disc for the read errors.
    Drop-down list with the paths of previously opened folders.
    Option to specify the cache size.
    Support for importing multi-extent and UDF embedded files.
    800MB CD option in the Disc Type drop-down list.
    Log window in the Copy Disc tool and the Copy to Image tool.

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Good proggie, although v5.5 did have some problems. But it works with burning blu-rays, while Ashampoo free would hang forever in the leadout. So i 've promoted it to main burning program and demoted Ashampoo to secondary.

Thanks for the heads up.

3. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

BurnAware 6.0 Released
    6-Feb-2013

Whats New:
    New Features:
    • Home Edition has been renamed to the Premium.
    • New menu to switch the size of the Main Screen.
    • New tool to check the disc for the read errors.
    • Drop-down list with the paths of previously opened folders.
    • Option to specify the cache size.
    • Support for importing multi-extent and UDF embedded files.
    • 800MB CD option in the Disc Type drop-down list.
    • Log window in the Copy Disc tool and the Copy to Image tool.
    Improvements:
    • Burning engine has been updated.
    • User manual has been rewritten from scratch.
    • All the burning elements grouped at the bottom of the form.
    • Lock device for exclusive access during the burning process while using SPTI.
    • Optimized data transfer and buffering during the burning process.
    Fixes:
    • Resolved the problem that might cause read error in the produced disc images.
    • Resolved the problem that might cause write error at the end of the burning process on DVD-R/-RW.
    • Resolved the problem with ejecting a disc after the burning process.
    • Fixed the BD-R discs burning errors that can occur on some Pioneer drives.
    • Fixed the "A general error occured" error that could occur during preparation of a Blu-Ray disc image.

Download: BurnAware
    Changelog: BurnAware 6.0

4. Fuzzfas

Darn, i am back to 5.5. I can't even burn a DVD+RW with v6. Verification fails immediately and also gives an error before closing the program.

5. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Please let Val know real good about fixing errors real fast!!
    Fuzzfas, I reported it also G
    http://www.burnaware.com/support.html

6. Fuzzfas

Who's Val? The developer? Well, i 've spent an evening troubleshooting between this and Ashampoo and i m done with beta testing. I don't remember the error (something about a fkxh something file) on closing, i just know it would burn the re-writable and as soon verification started, it said it was full of errors. Honestly, after quick erasing-full erasing, burning and reburning the same DVD for hours, i am sick of it and won't do it again till the next time i have to update it. THEN i may report it.

Why don't people beta test their softwareo_O AShampoo has a lead out problem when burning blu-rays with many LiteOn drives for at least 2 years, as i found by googling and they don't seem to ever resolve it. I wrote them about it in their "why did you uninstall form". I tried v 6.82, v 6.83, v.2012,2 versions of 2013, they ALL do the SAME routing in lead out. It will either hang or burn bad. I 've spent about 15 euros in blu-ray coasters that came from trying Ashampoo versions.

Burnaware "updates" the engine and it gets completely screwed up. Although i haven't tried it with Blu-rays, only DVD+RW.

Do an open pubblic beta next time,if you don't have enough people to test, don't torture the end user!

7. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Fuzzfas, Hello

Val is the owner/developer/CEO and he did and does open BETA testing and that
    link I gave you will really help out when folks report glitches ;)

here is the BETA link when available?
    http://www.burnaware.com/beta.html

8. Fuzzfas

Thanks, i m not in the mood for beta-testing lately (although some "final" software forces me either i like it or not), but i ll send him a mail about the issue with my burner model and DVD+RW MID. But i am not willing to start the usual "ok, try this again. No? Ok, download this one and give a new try".

I don't have the time or patience for this in these days.

9. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

My e-mail return from Val Gates

10. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

what sdk are they usingo_O

11. Fuzzfas

Thanks Hayc, at least he is aware of it already. I filled a support "feedback" form anywhere...

12. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Your very welcome!

13. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Any comparison with Imgburn? I haven't burned stuff since long but last weekend I tried to burn an audio cd with Imgburn. I couldn't understand **** about its GUI anymore... Maybe it's time to change...

14. Fuzzfas

It's MUCH simpler. That's also why i used it. If you ask any "gurus" in burner fora, they all say "use Imgburn", specially if you want to burn Blu-Ray. But Imgburn is CHAOTIC. Too many options, too many windows. At the end, you 're not sure you 've set everything properly.

Honestly, when i had a dvd burner, Ashampoo was the best. But with my blu-ray burner, it sucks, while Burnaware 5.5 gets the job done. On the downside, i wanted to burn an ISO with Burnaware. The ISO was something like 716MB and it thought it was "too big". With Ashampoo it burned fine. Cause you know how things are with ISOs. they tell the driver HOW to burn. The final size isn't necessarily the one of the ISO, but often lower. Burnaware got "fooled" by that. On the extreme opposite, Burnware (5.5) THINKS that my blu-ray printable discs, have capacity of 23.2 GB more or less. In reality, if you burn beyond 22.5GB, the last files won't get burnt. So, after "trial and error", i leave 800 MB "empty" at the end, because it's Burnaware that THINKS it's empty. In reality there is no space.

15. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

imgburn is the one and only burning program i have basically never had a problem with and it does things correctly. yes there is a small learning curve but imo its not at all that hard to use. it is also imo hands down the best free or paid burner out there. burnaware is okay nothing more. i dont like the super simplicity honestly and at times it has issues with iso's especially video based ones. its not a bad program but falls way short of imgburn in quality of burns etc..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.