Burn on a DVD, all files are corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wokoenig, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hello together,
    sorry for my bad english but it doesn't exist a german forum for TI 7/ 8 <s>

My problem:
    I never can burn successfull a archiv file from TI 8 on a DVD (UDF format) with Nero.(newest version).

First, I had had a Toshiba SD -R 5002. All files are corrupted.
    Acronis support ment that may be problemes with Toshiba.
    Now I bought a LG 4082B ( newest firmware) and the same problem.

My question: Does anybody burn successfully a TI 8 archiv file on a DVD??
    When yes? HOW??

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Try burning a standard ISO DVD (not UDF)
    Be sure to keep your images at 1.9GB or smaller. (2GB IS09660 limitation)

3. mantronix

mantronix Registered Member

Hello wdormann !

Man I think you hit upon something I've had problems with ! I have 2 DVD writers and BOTH give errors when I try and put a single 4 gig file on a disc. I tried this 2 times on both writers and when I go to read the DVD disc it tells me that there is for example 245 megs on the disc, when in fact the file that I wrote was just over 4 gigs. Nero also tells me that the disc burnt successfully and even the VERIFY passed !

Are you saying that even with Windows XP and a dvd-r disc that can hold 4.7 gigs, one single file of over 2 gigs large will be corrupt ?

If you can explain anything on that, I'm willing to learn, thanks for your very informative post !

4. jimphilp@blueyonde

jimphilp@blueyonde Registered Member

I have succesfully created a TI 8 archive file on DVD with my LG-4081B [firmware A101] using the latest Nero. I copied it from a 4gb[aprox] image on my 2nd HD which has recently successfully restored my system drive after a driver problem. When asking Nero to burn this image I was informed that because the file was bigger than 2gb it would use the UDF format which was fine by me [I am obviously no expert]. Ater burning the image I have tested it by verification tool, mounted an image, used the TI 8 boot disk and selecting the DVD image up to the 'proceed' point all without a hitch. I am confident all would go well if I needed this DVD image. I realise there is not much here that would help you as I suspect you are using a similar procedure but who knows.
    I am using TI 8 [build 768] on Windows XP [SP2].

PS.. I wish my German was as good as your English.

5. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

It depends on *how* you write the disc. The following methods are available for creating a DVD, listed in order of disc compatibility (in my experience):

Authored ISO (Standard ISO9660 DVD created with an authoring program like Nero)
    Authored UDF (Newer filesystem without 2GB file size limit, created with an authoring program like Nero)
    Packet-written UDF (DVD created with one of the various "drag and drop" solutions, like DirectCD or Windows XP's built-in Mt. Rainier packet writing support.

I have only created ISO DVDs for my TrueImage files, and I have had no problems whatsoever. Once you venture into UDF or especially Packet-written discs, that seems to be where people are reporting problems on the forum here. You may or may not have similar problems. Due to the broad range of packet-writing techniques, that may explain why some have issues and some do not.

Since I make my DVDs bootable, that leaves out packet writing and/or UDF so I have not even bothered to check into those options. (ISO appears to be the only way to make a bootable DVD, at least with Nero)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.