burn backup from partiton

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Razzputin, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razzputin

Razzputin Registered Member

I have 2 hard drives. each has a 5 gig partition. 75-5, 25-5.
    Is it possible to Image to either of these partitions and then burn a cd ? ( I understand that they must fit in the 5 gig space.)

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

It should be possible. What is in the rest of the space? Is one of these drives your C drive?

3. Razzputin

c has everything, d some backup
    g was original drive ( copy sent to c) h is a copy of d
    I hope this makes sense.

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Anybody else want to take a stab at this?

5. Razzputin

c and d are on a 80 gig (75 -5)
    g and h are on a 30 gig. (25-5)
    my question was if I send an image to say h partition would I then be able to burn a copy of the whole image to cds from h? I am relatively new to computers and the lingo so I hope I have explained myself without causing a lot of confusion.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I'm not sure I see the problem. You can make an image of any partition and write the backup output files to any other partition that the backup will fit on.

You can then take your burning software and burn the resulting image tib files to DVD or whatever as long as they fit on the DVD. This is why I always split my backups into 1492MB pieces so I can efficiently write 3 tib files on a DVD if the desire strikes me.

You can even make an image of the C drive and store it on the C drive within Windows apparently by ignoring the warning. This works because TI takes a snapshot of C just before it starts the backup so the backup files being created are not included in the backup - if that makes sense.

Does this help?

7. Razzputin

Yes thanks. I will try it.

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Yes. But you need to split the image into 650MB or 700MB files depending on what your CD disks and drive support. 650 is always safe. There is a place to select the Split size in the backup wizard or to set it as a default the main screen under Tools Options Split..

After you get the several tib files created, verify them if you didn't do an automatic verify and then burn them onto CD with your CD burning software such as Nero. I always use the burning software's "verify after burning" feature to make sure the CD is good.

9. Razzputin

Thanks again :D

10. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Space permitting, it's a good idea to always write the image files to the other drive. The backup will run faster if one drive is being read from and the other written to at the same time. And, if one drive dies before you have all the image files copied on CDs, you still have it's image on the other healthy drive.

11. Razzputin

thanks for the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.