Bullguard?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ttomm1946, Mar 26, 2015.

1. coolcfan

coolcfan Registered Member

hmmm when I open it I see a lot of Korean texts......

Not a good sign for the official forum of a security software.

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

It doesn't exactly instil confidence in their security capabilities lol.

3. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

Even Norton's site was infested with spam Chinese posts 2 months back which went uncontrolled

4. Daveski17

I've known spam close entire forums down. This new spam must be a particularly virulent strain lol.

5. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

I don't really find that UI to be THAT ugly. Yeah, it could be more intuitive and easier to find settings/options, but as far as being ugly..it isn't horrible.

6. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

on my vBulletin forum, I set a security question (related to computers) + moderate new members + required user profiles that must make sense such as CPU type, RAM type and speed, etc. and I never get any spam. Mind you i'm no pro when it comes to forum management but when I did register on the forums, it was so easy without any restrictions and even new members can post links that's when you get your forum bombarded with spam. I have to manually approve a member after looking at their profile and stuff

7. Daveski17

I think a lot of forums have had to employ countermeasures like or similar to yours.

8. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Yes, I agree with you that their interface is not so ugly. I think it is more cartoon-like and if you like that kind of thing, it is well done. Perhaps that is what works best for the majority of computer users. I don't know.

9. Petrovic

Petrovic Registered Member

Build 15.0.301
    Updated April 17, 2015

IMPROVEMENTS
    • * Antivirus: Improved method of how Antivirus quarantines infected Outlook emails
    • * PC Tune Up: Improved stability of the Boot Manager feature
    • * General: Improved behavior of BullGuard maximize window on Windows tablets
    BUG FIXES
    • * Firewall: Fixed Virtual Box internet issues

Build 15.0.300
    Updated April 6, 2015

IMPROVEMENTS
    • * PC Tune Up:
    • - The Boot Manager feature was added to easily identify and adjust the applications that use most of the resources at computer start, making it slow
    • - Improved usability of Cleanup Helper while indexing the files and folders
    • * Antivirus: Enhanced Quarantine protection for files in folders without permissions for SYSTEM user
    • * Backup:
    • - Improved throttling mechanism so Backup uses less bandwidth in critical moments
    • - Improved the Backup authentication method and proxy configuration
    • * Safe Browsing: Improved display for the listed PDF files
    • * Firewall: Improved speed and stability of Firewall when automatically allowing applications
    • * General: OpenSSL upgrade
    BUG FIXES
    • * Safe Browsing: fixed cases of not showing the “Safe” icons in Google Chrome
    • * Backup:
    • - Fixed "Choose new location" selection in localized product versions
    • - Fixed cases of inappropriate behavior of Backup when the file location was changed
    http://www.bullguard.com/about/release-notes.aspx

10. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Hmmm, I wonder what that means. I will try to remember to post a question regarding the "virtual box" on their forum and see what they say. Perhaps it has something to do with recent problems users have been experiencing with installers.

I do have to give it to BullGuard, they are certainly very active in developing their product and fixing problems. They also do a good job in being transparent and posting change logs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.