Bullguard Anti Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Delgado, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

I havent seen much discussion anywhere about Bullguard Anti Virus.

I have just tried out their version 7, and although on the surface this appears to be a first class suite, it gave me endless confliction problems. I took it out after three days.

Their forum is also full of people with problems. Any expert here got any opinions on this prog?

o_O

2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Hi Delgado

I've been testing BullGuard for a while.
    To me it was a pretty good suite. What kind of problems or conflicts are you talking about?

3. rayoflight

rayoflight Registered Member

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

When I tried it a while back it was causing a lot of incompatabity issues. Didn't leave it installed very long.

5. Delgado

Hi

The main problems were-

E-Mails taking ages to come in-even the most basic e-mail took a long time. I use Outlook Express.

Online storage of files took ages to complete, and then couldnt access them properly. IE kept saying it couldnt open the page.

Scan took for ever to run.

When I tried to back up some files on a CD through the backup module, my DVD/CD writer collapsed and wouldnt work. I had to re-boot it to get the disc out.

6. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Hi Delgado, fancy seeing you here! ;)

I had much the same experience as you with BullGuard Suite. It took an astonishing nearly 7 hours to complete a full system scan, claimed to find over 100 items that no other AV had found, and then was unable to remove most of them! I also found the email scanner very slow, and that wasn't even using Outlook or OE. Needless to say, it wasn't on my system for very long, but to be fair, others have found it OK, as you will see in the thread linked to above. :)

7. Delgado

We mustnt keep meeting like this!

:D :D

Simon, is it my understanding that you are now successfully running F-Secure again? I have a hankering to run this. How are you finding it now? Have you got over the scan problems?

8. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Without wishing to hijack this thread, there's an exhaustive account of my experience with F-Secure 2007 here, DG. To quickly update that, I am now back to using it, as I found KIS too annoying, Bullguard too slow, and Norton took too long to start up. The Full System Scan still doesn't work, even after a Windows re-installation, but 'Scan Hard Drives' is fine, and if I need a separate on-demand spyware scanner, that's not a big deal. The main attraction (for me) with FSIS, is the increase in broadband speed, which has also been discussed in another thread, and even if the numbers don't add up, surfing and downloading is still noticeably faster than with KIS, so that's a good enough reason for me to keep FSIS, at least until the license expires in May. If it works without any problems on your PC, it's a great suite.

9. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Me also have to say BullGuard worked great and aslo have great support. Their forum is a bit lousy but th erest is pretty good. Great antivirus, great firewall somewhat antispam and great service.

Sounds good to me.

The One

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.