Bullguard 2013 is Out!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Congrats bro! :D

2. berryracer

3. berryracer

Who said they didn't like BullGuard because it auto actions infections??

Who said they didn't like BullGuard because it auto actions infections??

There were a few users here that said if BullGuard was configurable in such a way that it wouldn't automatically do the action, but instead, give the user a choice, they would have purchased BullGuard Internet Security.

So I posted this suggestion on their forums and someone told me that it is possible!!

So what were all the complaints about :rolleyes:

The screenshot on the left is accessible through the settings
    the screenshot on the right:

Dashboard > Custom Scan > Create Profile > Press Next > Press Next again > Then you will see that screen

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

@berry.
    I cant seem to be able to get into those settings.:thumbd:

5. berryracer

The screenshot on the left is accessible through the settings
    the screenshot on the right:

Dashboard > Custom Scan > Create Profile > Press Next > Press Next again > Then you will see that screen

6. The Red Moon

@berry.
    Thanks a lot i got to them.:thumb: :thumb:

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

is that for the custom scan you set up though or is it for the real time protection?? in your post you suggest going to custom scan and create profile. i dont only want it to be when i actually tell it to scan but i want the option in real time of what option to choose. i currently do not have it installed so ill have to reinstall it to test it out but i dont think ill have time till later this weekend.

8. berryracer

look above bro, the image on the left is for the real time scan to set it not to auto disinfect

the right image is the custom scan which you can create to not have it auto disinfect while doing a custom scan

9. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

block file != ask me on detection

10. zfactor

yes but does it auto block it only or does it actually ask you what to do

11. The Red Moon

Suddenly got a nag screen appearing at boot up.not a big deal as i can just click it away but just thought i would mention it.:mad:

12. berryracer

nag screen about what d00d?

13. The Red Moon

Reminding me that im using the trial version.:D

14. berryracer

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bro, with a 70% discount, what are u waiting for?

Pull teh tr!gg3r! :D

15. The Red Moon

Im going to stick with the trial for now and see how things work out.Its running very nicely at the minute.:thumb: :thumb:

16. The Red Moon

Ive uninstalled as the nag screen is becoming a pain.Also there seems to be a problem with the firewall registering with the security centre.it always says firewall is turned off.:thumbd:
    Good program but the nag screen is a definate no-no for me.

17. zfactor

well it was a trial so its hard to hold that against it...never had a issue wit the firewall as you mention.

18. berryracer

How does BullGuard use BitDefender engine?

Can someone explain to meh how does one antivirus use another's engine and signatures?

I don't understand how this works, how they have a diff. program yet they use the same enginem and how on earth does BitDefneder for example others to use its good engine and put it on a better program??

19. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Re: How does BullGuard use BitDefender engine?

I will try to explain it but take note I am not an AV dev so I may be mistaken.

An AV is built upon different parents. I am not going to be able to explain them all but I will try my best.

Malware Database: The data containing all malware sigs, heuristics rules, ect. It pretty much provides the "scanning detection information" of the product.

Engine: However a malware database is no good without something to use that information, that is where the engine comes in. The engine actually does the "scanning" of a file, it also unpacks files to scans, and pretty much puts the malware database to use.

Extras: The extras are extended part of the antivirus product. Used to make that product "unique". This can be their cloud, their behavior blocker, whatever the vendor is good at.

UI: Then you have the UI layer of the Antivirus Product.

Vendors license out their products in a couple of different ways. You can be a "rebrand" which pretty much takes a product and changes the name on the product but other then the name change the "UI + Engine + Extras + Database" is all the same. These rebrads are like the antivirus protection many ISPs offer.

Then you have the SDK. These SDK is normally the engine + malware database (in some rare cases the vendor decides to only license the engine ex: Thehacker and Bitdefenders engine). The vendor can use the SDK to work the engine to better serve them. Bitdefender is a very popular SDK providers at the moment being used by: G-Data, BullGuard, Emsisoft. The SDK users can add their own engines alongside the BitDefender. Some SDK vendors are better able to fix bugs then the SDK maker which is why some people prefer to use the SDK built one. Kaspersky and GFI/Sunbelt are other popular SDK providers. Kaspersky was widely used for a while. As far as I am aware Kaspersky only sdks the same engine as its corp engine so the Kaspersky SDK is slightly behind the Kaspersky personal products. That is why ZoneAlarm for example just got a lot of new AV engine tech that Kaspersky users have been enjoying for a short while. Ad-Aware/Lavasoft uses the GFI/Sunbelt engine in its Ad-Aware products however I do not know the difference between the two engines of what is and what is not provided.

I don't know what the avg. cost for a SDK license is and as far as I am aware no public information is available for that.

I hope I cleared some things up for you

20. berryracer

thanks a lot chief.
    noone could have explained it better and easier than u did

cheers bro

21. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It often depends on the license between original maker and the licensee.

In some cases they outsource engine and signatures, meaning they just incorporate that into their own program, but signatures and updates for it are supplied by the original maker.

In other cases engine is licensed but the licensee also makes their own signatures for it along with the ones provided by the original vendor.

In other cases they buy the engine, fully redesign it and use it as their own with their own signatures. This one isn't as common but not impossible.

22. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Hi guys . New here . My question is fairly simple . I uninstalled my Antimalware and firewall to install the Bullguard Suite . I cannot use it because you MUST log in first . Well , they are down for a 4 hour maintenance block . WHY in the world would any software company sell such software making it impossible to use unless you log in ? I cannot log in due to maintenance so , I am without protection . As in this case it has pretty much ruined any chance of me buying the product .:rolleyes:
    Thanks

23. berryracer

I just tried to install BullGUard on my step dad's computer ( I have a 5 PC / 7 year license) and got the same error

I contacted support and they said they are running maintenance for god's sake! a security company letting all its users down with no prior warning

I am gonna cancel my license and ask for a refund

24. The Red Moon

woah steady on there a minute.Your quick off the gun.
    Are you still receiving signature updateso_O
    Give them a break.:thumb:

25. Disney

Disney Registered Member

I have never seen such nonsense . To use a software locally installed , you have to log in to your account on their site ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.