Bullguard 2013 is Out!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Thats ok and sorry for your bad experience with bullguard but its running just fine for me at the moment.
    I also have a comodo and kaspersky images too.
    The reason i stopped using KIS was because of network connectivity issues.It kept timing out and i havent noticed this happen with any other suite.
    Im still looking at how the new comodo is going and the feedback seems to be mixed but i see no reason not to keep bullguard at the moment.:thumb:

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Tried BullGuard suite on two systems both ran perfect.Downloaded the installer for the antivirus and installed it right over the top of the suites and it smoothly uninstalled the suite and replaced it with the Antivirus perfectly.Bullguard has a great uninstaller not leaving a bunch of left overs.

Thats software for ya,it could go great for most of us and for some others no so great.I remember back a few years When I had Vista I trialed Kaspersky and like it,So I purchased it and sortly after it BSOD my system over and over. I didn't trash talk as crapware, I just accepted its one of them things that can Happen and moved on.Every one has there own feelings and opinions and express them differently.

Bitdefender AV is on the same two system that had BullGuard and BD is running smoothly on both and they only cost me $6.00 each license.In the event something goes wrong I have lost nothing more then the price of a crapy meal or two at McDonalds.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  3. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I hope it keeps running fine for you, but it was a pain in the xxx for me. Similarly, Bitdefender was extremely unstable and buggy. Apart from these two, I have never had any issues whatsoever with any security software.

4. The Red Moon

I think windows 7 is what vista should have been really.I often blamed the software for not working properly when in fact vista was a main contributing factor.:)
    But vista was what it was and you lived with it.

5. The Red Moon

thank you sher.:thumb:
    Its probably the best security program ive had on my computer and i simply love the way it handles and does things and there has been no system impact what so ever(well not yet anyway lol):cool:
    Ive liked other suites ive tried but this one seems to just "fit".if that makes any sense.
    But of all of them ive yet to see one that is lighter than CIS.:thumb:

6. Dark Shadow

Yea windows 7 is what microsoft ment for window vista to be but they failed the first time around but they got it right the second go with Windows 7.

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I reinstalled Roboscan Pro last night, and it only has a very minimal impact on my PC - quite different to Bullguard in that regard.

I'm glad that so many people are happy with Bullguard, but it was no good for me. I am surprised that my experience with Bullguard was so different to what the other the posters in this thread had.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

yeah I know what you mean. I reinstalled Eset Smart Security V5 and love it. People who claim lack of detection are full of crap. Eset detects more zero day then anyone.:argh:

9. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I find Roboscan to be very light weight.

10. muf

muf Registered Member

I have Bullguard on my laptop and Kaspersky Pure 2 on my desktop. I have also had them both installed the other way around. In all cases the installation went fine and they ran fine. My laptop isn't the best in the world, but runs lovely and snappy with BG installed. I purchased BG about 6 weeks ago for £6 for a 3 year licence(as mentioned on page 1 post #20 of this thread). My kids haven't uttered a word about slowdowns or problems. A really classy app. For the record, so is Pure 2.

Paul

11. The Red Moon

Bullguard is running nicely here too.:thumb: :thumb:

12. Dark Shadow

I was thinking of trying roboscan it looks pretty good.Although I liked BullGuard, I have two new licenses from Bitdefender AV Plus 2013 I get for $ 5.95 ea. I reinstalled them back on netbooks and there pretty lite on both systems.I Through a few naughtys at BD and they where stopped dead.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  13. The Red Moon

I think it also uses the bitdefender engine.:thumb:

14. Dark Shadow

I think your right

15. The Red Moon

Last thread i read about roboscan they were having problems with the update function.
    Hopefully it is working now.it seems an effective program.:thumb:

16. Dark Shadow

Thats what made me shy away from it.

17. roger_m

There are two issues with the initial update after installing. Firstly the speed of the definition servers is very slow, meaning that it takes a long time to download the first update. This is not helped by the fact that the installer has not been updated since February of this year - so there are eight months of updates to download.

Secondly, and I don't think this is a common issue, but the initial update appeared to freeze last night. I just dismissed it due to the slow download speeds. But, after a long time the progress bar had not moved further so I cancelled the update. When I opened up the Roboscan interface the most recent updates were installed - despite the update appearing to fail.

However the speed issue is really only a problem with the initial update due to the large amount of data being download. For day to day updates it's not really an issue due to small amount of data required for the incremntal definition updates.

Also the download speed for the installer is very slow too, but this can by remedied by using a download manager.

18. roger_m

As I just posted, the inital update is the only issue - because it takes time. After that it runs fine - extremly light, and using Bitdefender's engine. An excellent alternative to Bullguard if you're having issues with Bullguard.

19. The Red Moon

No issues here with bullguard.i dont even know its installed half the time runs really smoothly and i was pleasantly surprised actually.:thumb:

20. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

ditto!!! BullGuard FTW

21. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  22. roger_m

You need to post the link again. The link you provided has been truncated and doesn't work.

23. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I think this is the correct link

24. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

After reading all the good comments about BG, I decided to try it but unfortunately it brought my laptop to a crawl. I try to reboot 2-3 times without any improvement. It took about 8-10 seconds to open any applications.:'( so back to KIS.

25. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Bought a 3 year license with the one yr I purchased..1519 days of protection 4 years.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.