Building New PC from Bootable Media and Image Issues?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by r.mariotti, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r.mariotti

r.mariotti Registered Member

Gentlemen;
    New Hdwe (Shuttle XPC), prior image on network drive, bootable TI 7.0 cdrom

Problem: TI quits without error when attempting to restore image to new HD.

I have a TI 7.0 image of an XP Pro system on a network drive. It was made from an exact type of machine and tested good. I now have a few new PC's exactly configured that I wish to image their disks from this prior image. I have used this exact same image to do this a few weeks ago successfully.

My restore cdrom boots correctly and ends up on the Acronis restore screen. I select "Restore and Image". I can find the network drive AND image and click on it to highlight it, then click next. I then select the destination drive and select the options to format and partition it exactly as the source. It will become the primary drive. Ultimately I get to the screen that prompts to "Click Proceed" to continue. The screen changes to the normal progress bar screen and it appears as though its working. Then suddenly about 15-20 seconds into it the screen returns to the Acronis start screen as though nothing has happened. Well, in fact, nothing did.

I've not seen this before. Has anyone? There is only one primary master drive in this new unit and I've selected the entire drive to be used for restore.

Any ideas/suggestions as to why this is happening? Or more importantly, any ideas as to remedy this as the image is useless without the ability to restore it.

Thanks for any advise you can provide. o_O

Bob

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

My TI 6.0 Rescue CD have a bad habit of restarting at the end of the imaging process (and corrupting the image) if the source disk have physical sector errors. Could it be related?

Do the same happen if you copy the image(s) to a CD/DVD and install from a local drive?

Do this happen with the Rescue CD only, or do you see an error when running TI from Windows?

Have you tried - just the sake of trying - to burn a Rescue CD with the new TI 8.0 (trial version) and attempted an restore with that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.