build 9709 German?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by korn2007, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korn2007

korn2007 Registered Member

When do we see the German build 9709? I can not understand why acronis did not release the german release. What's so difficult?
    I have to say I will never buy acronis software again.

- full of bugs
    - the worst support I have ever seen

2. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

I think that it is better, if you use the English version. That way you get the new builds faster. French and Dutch users have the same problem.

I agree that the big delay after the English version comes out is far too long.

Try the English trial version. If it works for you stay with Acronis otherwise there are other solutions.

3. Johnny56

Johnny56 Registered Member

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. Wally1965

Wally1965 Registered Member

Hello Dmitry,
    Whoever elseo_O?

We have very big problems with the latest build 9646!:oops:

Wally

6. Johnny56

I bought TIH 2009 and expected to get a software working better then my old TI9.0. What I got: something worse then TI9.0.

one example:
    F11-doesn't work and the support can't solve the problem:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1389133&highlight=acronis loader#post1389133

other items:
    - it seems that I can't remove to any further system-entry-point to downgrade to the TI9.0-version.
    - a test-recovery of a my system-partition to another harddrive failed as well as an incremental backup.

So I don't know until yet if I can rely on TIH2009. That's not nice. I bought this software to get an relyable revovery system for the worst case.

Acronis sold me a german version and got my money immediately. So please hurry up and give me the latest and running build in german language in a reasonable time. I really don't like to spend further time (lot's of hours until yet) in testing an old build when there might be an english build in which my problems have been solved.

Best regards

7. Johnny56

I managed this and I'm back to my old version (TI V9). Lucky !
    Now I've got rid of the error-messages from TIH2009 which caused that my system coldn't go automatically to Standby mode.

Dear Dmitry,
    please give me an advice. Is it better to wait until the latest build is (soon ?) available in german or should I do the whole TIH2009 (build 9.646) installing procedure again ?

Thank You

8. atih9carlo

atih9carlo Registered Member

Hi Johnny56

1. The international(?) support does not know what Acronis Germany is doing (they have some kind of their own development).

2. Acronis Germany does not announce anything.

3. Therefore buy the international version because the updates come earlier (try to get a refund from sales department in Germany).

4. Stay with your current version as long as possible

Carlo

9. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Johnny56, we can replace your German license with an English one. Please register the current license on our web site and let us know the account via PM.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

10. mbathen

mbathen Registered Member

11. como

como Registered Member

You have to register your account on the Acronis web site and PM Acronis support from this forum with your details etc.

12. Acronis Support

Hello Manfred,

I have replaced the licenses. Please check PM for a new license.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

13. hajohobbes

hajohobbes Registered Member

Dear Acronis Support,

I cannot believe what I am reading about TrueImageHome 2009 in this forum.

At first I want to state, that I cannot accept Acronis using people against their will as "beta-testers" for a full paid product:thumbd:

After reading about all existing malfunctions - and because I didn't want to mess my vista system - I only made images of my harddrive (with trueimage booting from cd) so far. But you know what: I don't know, if I can rely on it if the worst case comes:'( Although verification says "OK" - can I trust it?

Second: Of course everyone is waiting for new builds, taking away all remaining errors. But what happens? New builds are very rare, taking long time to come and leaving well known errors, e.g. the ms office bug:(

And some builds seem to come in only one language - and your statement to a German user to replace the licenses to the english version speaks for itself:thumbd:

When I'm not wrong the french, dutch, german... versions are more expensive to buy than the english one. Please don't take only the money - work for it!

If my product is not working as well as it is supposed to be before your next version will be placed on the market - then this was the first and the last time that I choosed Acronis Software.

Even I let you know my anger - will you answer me:
    - can I be sure, that my images are really trueimages, working when restored
    - when will the new build - german version - be released
    - can I assume, that all errors will be fixed before TrueImage Home 2010 is released?

Sincerely

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  14. mbathen

Thanks for working on my request. What happens after releasing german build?
    New registration required? If yes I would like to abdicate.
    btw, thanks to hajohobbes who mentioned a critical point.

15. hajohobbes

hajohobbes Registered Member

Dear Acronis Support,

could I get an answer to my questions?

Thanks in advance.

16. Acronis Support

Hello hajohobbes,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

If you have checked the backup using Validate backup archive option and no errors found then you can safely restore the image.

There is no info about new build of German version.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

17. mad64

mad64 Registered Member

What does that mean? Do we have to consider the German version as abandoned?

MD

18. atih9carlo

Hi International Acronis Support Team

nearly 3 months after having reported to the German support (also here in the forum) the fatal Outlook 2003 backup issue and other more or less important bugs in ATIH 2009 we have not received neither a solution nor an answer what to do!

Further there are no comments at all about an update of the German version ATIH 2009.

Therefore please respond to the following questions:

1. How can we totally delete the German software of ATIH2009?

2. How to install the latest ATIH2009 (international version including the latest update/build)?

3. How to switch over the license number?

Thanks

Carlo

19. mad64

mad64 Registered Member

send a PM to Acronis Support, stating that you would like to get a license for the english version and provide the username under which you have registered your current german version. In my case, within a day, I got back a PM including a new license number which I then registered and which gave me access to the english TI version in my 'registered products' section in my support account. At least switching the license worked fast and smooth and in an unbureaucratic way.

hth
    MD

20. atih9carlo

Hi MD

thanks for the hints, but one further question: How did you manage to totally delete the German version before installing? In this forum there were comments about issues to do it.

Carlo

21. Acronis Support

Hello Carlo,

Please use Acronis Cleanup utility to remove the software. The step-by-step guide is published here

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

22. mbathen

Is there an idea when german version of build 9709 will be published?
    I can't understand why there is no update since Nov 2008. :thumbd:

23. Peter2

Peter2 Registered Member

Dear Acronis Team,

I have to insist asking for a recent german version.
    IMHO it's inappropriate to give an answer like above "there is no info about new build of german version".

I'd ask you to start communicating with your german division and pointing out that there has to be a solution immediately and an answer (release date) instantly.

They get money for it and they're currently ruining Acronis' name.

It's not enough to claim there's sort of own developement in germany and noone knows when or what is happening there.

Thanks in advance for a more eager investigation.

Kind regards
    Peter

24. falke69

falke69 Registered Member

Dear Acronis Team,

can you not make Acronis Germany hurry up to support their customers with a new version 9709 where many problems were solved e.g. SATA controller driver problems ?

With this slow update behaviour of Acronis Germany you cannot really satisfy your german customers.

I cannot understand what's the big problem in translating from englisch to german.

Now there are 4 month gone since last update.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  25. mbathen

just got a Mail from Acronis Germany. They offer TI 2009, an actual and award-winning tool to me. I'm using this actual tool since 10.2009 and TI since 2002. Now I lost my patience, deleted TI and bought Norton Ghost. I'm very disappointed about service to german users. Its time to say good bye. :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.