Build 826 logging bug under XP domain login

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Roger D, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger D

Roger D Guest

Applies to builds 800 and 826 under Windows XP Pro.

When away from the office I still do a domain login so I have my proper desktop. The problem is, and I *think* it started with build 800, when viewing the log it always says "empty". Here is what I have found out. During the domain login the path to ATI log files is...

C:\Documents and Settings\Roger.domain\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Logs\

which is where the log files should be being placed, but they are not.

there also exists a path for non domain login that is...

C:\Documents and Settings\Roger\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Logs\

... this is the path the log file is being created in. However, I have determined that ATI is trying to READ log files out of the correct path, \Roger.Domain\ I figured this out by moving the log files from the \Roger\ to \Roger.Domain\ and was then able to read the log.

While this is waiting to be fixed is there a registry entry that tells ATI where to place/read log files from that I could change, or.. as I assume, it is just supposed to read the users envionment variable?

Another problem that is ongoing: Starting from a boot or reboot open ATI and perform a backup the ATI icon shows in the taskbar. After that backup is done if I run another backup I no longer get an icon. This happens no matter if they are forced "start now" backups or just more than one auto backup that runs during the same bootup. IE: ATI never shows me a tray icon after the first running of a backup, even if I cancel the first backup mid progress. This problem I have on 3 different Windows 2000 and 1 Windows XP Pro machine.

On a good note the previous problem I had with backups not always getting past the pending 104 operation has gone away with build 826.

Thank you,
    Roger

2. RogerD

RogerD Registered Member

No ideas on this?

3. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Roger, I am no expert on this Windows domain thingy, but I think something is wrong with your system if you have 2 different login directories.

I have an Win2K laptop which is part of my employeer domain. Except for 2 hours every Monday when I have to connect to the corporate network when uploading my time sheets, the laptop is not connected to the domain controllers. Yet I still login on the laptop using my (cached) domain user/password, and my %UserProfile% is always X:\Documents and Settings\MiniMax, and not some strange X:\Documents and Settings\MiniMax.domain.

My suggestion is that you login while not connected to the network, prefererably in Safe mode, and merge the 2 profile directories into a single C:\Documents and Settings\Roger directory.

Then do a couple of logout, logins, network connects, logins, etc, etc, and see if everything works as expected.

4. RogerD

RogerD Registered Member

Interesting, I am able to look at a few laptops in the work place and they all have a users name "someuser" and a "." and then the domain name "somedomain" thus making the paths someuser.somedomain If the user logs on as "someuser" but ops to not do the domain login then they get a new dir "someuser" .. odd.. then again this is Microsoft we're talking about <lol>.

In anycase, until build 800 I didn't have this problem and if I revert back to the build previous to 800, 791? if I recall, the problem goes away.

Thanks for your input.
    Roger

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Roger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please let us know under what account you login to your computer. If the accounts are different you won't be able to view logs of another user on the computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. RogerD

RogerD Registered Member

Please read the below from my first post, but to it I will add that when TI was installed it was UNDER the domain login, and please notice I say it worked, and still does work, with the build previous 800, I believe that would be 791.

Applies to builds 800 and 826 under Windows XP Pro.

When away from the office I STILL DO a domain login so I have my proper desktop. The problem is, and I *think* it started with build 800, when viewing the log it always says "empty". Here is what I have found out. During the domain login the path to ATI log files is...

C:\Documents and Settings\Roger.domain\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Logs\

which is where the log files should be being placed, but they are not.

there also exists a path for non domain login that is...

C:\Documents and Settings\Roger\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Logs\

... this is the path the log file IS BEING CREATED IN. However, I have determined that ATI is trying to READ log files out of the OTHER (correct path), \Roger.Domain\ I figured this out by MOVING the log files from the \Roger\ to \Roger.Domain\ and was then able to read the log.

In short, ATI is reading from one path, \Roger.Domain\, (the correct one) but creating them in the other path, \Roger\ (the wrong one).

I would think if it had something to do with wrong login vs installed login with would both read and write to the wrong path?

thank you..
    Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.