Build 786 problems with mouse pointer and boot disk creation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Martin Robson, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Running on Windows XP SP2. Previously used builds 763 and 774 without difficulty but when I upgraded to build 786 I lost my mouse pointer when using TI8 initiated through either Startup Recovery Manager (F11) or Bootable Rescue CD. I was also unable to create a Bootable Rescue CD under Windows. Forced back to build 774 which is OK.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Martin,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please try to create a bootable CD in Windows Safe mode (restart your computer, press F8 when Windows is starting up and choose "Safe mode"). This should allow you to create a bootable CD.

Could you explain please how you checked that you cannot use mouse after booting with bootable CD of 786 build? According to your post you are unable to create the CD. Do I understand something wrong?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Created boot disk by taking the option to create it when installing build 786 having previously uninstalled the whole application. It's once installed that it will not create a boot disk.

Creating a Safe Version boot disk works and the mouse pointer is present.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.