Build 3677 wont create DVD+RW or DVD-R

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dontonih, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontonih

dontonih Registered Member

Using W2KPROSP4 w/ latest fixes by Microsoft. I have been trying to do a folders/files backup of a folder on a USB drive to either an internal Plextor PX-712A or a USB Plextor PX-716A using at different times a DVD-R or a DVD+RW on each. I get error msgs no matter what is mounted where. For all cases the 1st thing that happens is the disc in the DVD is ejected and I get a msg to insert a disc, I close the DVD, wait a few seconds and OK the msg. Then the error msgs start.

For the DVD - E00040003 Failed to backup file or folder with options to Retry Ignore Cancel. Retry produces the same result, Ignore produces the same error msg for the next file, Cancel cancels the operation.

For the DVD+RW E00040003 Error writing the file with options to Retry Ignore Format. Retry or Format then produce the error msg as above for the DVD. I'm not sure about Ignore.

Checking the two DVDs with Nero shows the DVD to be blank and the DVD+RW to be formatted.

I got similar if not the same results with 3666.

What to do

Don

2. dontonih

An interesting addendum?

After building a bootable CD, I decided to try it to backup the folder from the USB drive. It seemingly worked fine for both DVD+RW and DVD-R. I ran neither to completion, both both DVDs got scribbled on. DVD+RW was in the internal drive and DVD-R was in a USB drive.

What am I being told?

Don

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Don,

It suggests to me that some other program was interfering with TI's Direct to DVD imaging feature whilst running in Windows mode. You mentioned Nero. As far as the DVD+RW disk is concerned, do you also have InCD installed and running in the background? If so, ensure that InCD's auto-format on blank disk insertion option is set to "Do nothing".

The disk ejection you mentioned in your first Post is due to the fact that "Tools" > "Options" > "Default backup options" > "Additional settings" is set to "Ask for first media while creating backup archives on removable media". You can deselect this if you want.

If you create an image that spans two or more DVD's then you need to deselect the option to "Validate backup archive upon its creation completion" as there is currently a bug in TI that takes you into an endless loop of disk swapping. See this previous thread titled <TI 9.0 Build 3677 Direct To DVD Imaging - NO CHANGE!!>, especially the embeded link therein to an earlier thread about Build 3666 Direct to DVD imaging problems.

Regards

4. dontonih

Menorcaman,

As to your 1st para, I agree that something is probably interfering. As to InCD, it is set to NOT load as is InCD Helper.

On your 2nd and 3rd paras, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

As a further addendum to my 2 posts, I went ahead and created the DVDs with the bootable CD, then did a validation - all seems to be wonderful. I also did a validate in Windows and again all seemed to be OK.

If you have any other ideas besides InCD (and InCD Helper) my ears and eyeballs are wide open.

Thanks again,

Don

5. dontonih

More info. Nero will burn and verify CD-R, DVD-R and DVD+RW. In turn, the disks are readable in Windows on both drives.

Acronis CD bootable will create and subsequently validate CD-R, DVD-R and DVD+RW archives on both drives.

Acronis Windows will validate archives from CD-R, DVD-R and DVD+RW on both drives.

Acronis Windows will ONLY create archives on CD-Rs in the internal PX-712A. The USB 716A hangs at the end of a CD-R recording of an archive. Checking it with Nero seems to show that it recorded the archive twice.

Now what? Help!

Don

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dontonih,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following to obtain CD Recorder log:

1. Run regedit from Start -> Run;
    2. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key
    *If this is the first time when this log is being issued, then the folder DebugLogs has to be created first;
    3. Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1);
    4. Reproduce the problem.

The cdrecord.log will be created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Please also collect Acronis True Image log file that contains the error messages which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon. Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. dontonih

Aleksandr,

Will do. I am now reading the stuff to be done.

I will send it soon.

Thanks for the assist.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.