Build 3677 not recognizing backup on DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jzeisler, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzeisler

jzeisler Registered Member

After a full backup to 4 DVDs, I tried a Validate Archive and it never found the file on any of the 4 DVDs. Tried doing a restore as well. It recognizes that the disk is Acronis Media but no files show up. Any ideas on how to get around this problem?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jzeisler,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- Describe the way you burned the backup to DVDs in detail;

- Describe the way you tried to validate\restore this backup in detail;

Note that in order to validate\restore the backup archive spanned over several CDs\DVDs you should insert the last created CD\DVD first (disc that contains the last volume of the image archive) and then follow the wizard's instructions.

- Does the problem persists both when the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD create using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home?

- What do you mean exactly when saying that the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home "never found the file on any of the 4 DVDs"? Let us know what you see exactly (make a screen shot if possible).

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. jzeisler

> Describe the way you burned the backup to DVDs in detail;
    I followed the Full backup process using the wizard. I inserted the DVD, clicked "ok" and the drawer closed, and then the backup began. I used this process for all 5 DVDs - the drawer opened, I put in the disk, selected ok, the drawer closed and the process continued.

> Describe the way you tried to validate\restore this backup in detail;
    I inserted the last DVD and closed the drawer, several seconds later a Windows window opened showing no files. I closed the window and selected Validate from the TrueImage Menu. The Validation Wizard opened and the drive in the window shows Acronis Media on the correct drive, but no file shows up. I cannot select anything because there is no file to select. (see attachment)

> What do you mean exactly when saying that the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home "never found the file on any of the 4 DVDs"?
    Exactly that. The window that displays the drives and files shows "Acronis Media (E:)" but there is no file displayed. It should have been "HomeHP.tib" but nothing is shown.

You asked for a screen shot. It is attached.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello jzeisler,

Could you please confirm the following:

1. Actual build number reported by TI 9.0 (click on Help > About).

2. Whether you created and validated the DVD image from within Windows mode or after booting from the Acronis rescue CD.

3. Whether the bootable rescue CD was created via TI 9.0 Home Build 3677.

Regards

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  5. jzeisler

1. I have confirmed that the version of TI9.0 is 3677.
    2. I created and validated the image in Windows mode, and again attempted to validate after rebooting from the rescue CD. Neither mode would validate the image.
    3. I believe that the rescue CD was created with a recent previous build. I have since created a rescue disk using 3677 and was able to validate after rebooting with the rescue CD. However, TI 9 Home under Windows does not see the .tib file. In order to validate I have to reboot using the rescue CD. Not the best answer.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jzeisler,

Thank you very much for the provided information.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Can you confirm that Windows Explorer shows no .tib files on the DVDs in question?

- Insert any of the DVDs in question, right-click on the DVD icon in Windows Explorer, select Properties and see if there are any Used space shown. Let us now the result;

- What type and brand of DVDs did you use?

Please also do the following:

- Go to Start -> Run and issue the 'regedit' command;

- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key;

If this is the first time when this log is being issued, then the folder DebugLogs has to be created first;

- Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1)

- Reproduce the problem (i.e. create a new backup saving it to DVD) and collect the cdrecord.log file created in the Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Note that you can create a small (e.g. file-based) backup for these purposes so that it will fit on one DVD.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.