build 2289 problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scaa, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I have found the following problems:
    1) The operation progress bar current operation as well as the total progress show the same thing. earlier and correctly so, current progress would show the progress of the current operation, may be backing up of a particular partition, whereas total progress would show the time and progress of the entire hard disk backup.
    2)A scheduled full backup ended with errors as shown in the image. The same backup when made afterwards completed successfully.

I think support should respond to these issues.
    As a result of these, I am quite scared to test even the restoration process through the newly introduced snap restore. If I cannot restore somehow, acronis would at the most say SORRY!

Attached Files:

2. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=103113

See my thread on Snap Restore.... It wiped my hard drive of all partitions. I was trying to use it to restaore an image of my operating system to my C:\ partition using Acronis TI boot F11... It failed and wiped the all of the other partitions leaving only the secure zone and unallocated space.

I am using TI 9.0.0.2289. I would strongly suggest not using Snap Restore, not even clicking the selection of it from the restore wizzard or you'll be screwed. Hopefully this is just a bug that can and will be addressed in the next build, but only time will tell.

3. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

Everyone that has TI9 should download TI8 and make a Recovery CD.

TI 9 works fine for making images, but everytime I've tried it for Recovery it's a bust.

4. olorin701

olorin701 Registered Member

re:>Everyone that has TI9 should download TI8 and make a Recovery CD.

After reading this suggestion several times on this forum, I made a request to do this over the past week-end and was denied. I even ran the AcronisReport.exe utility and submitted the report. No explanation or reason was given, just a statement that "I'm afraid that we can only suggest you to wait for the release of the new build of the product."

It was a singularly unhelpful response, and certainly not conducive to building a relationship of confidence and loyalty with a new customer.

5. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Of late I am finding acronis support responding less and less in the forum. A post reassuring all paid users and letting us know what they are doing to address the restoration issues in version 9 would greatly restore the confidence that acronis seems to have enjoyed with version 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.