Build 1124 TI Enterprise Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kballuk, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kballuk

kballuk Registered Member

Hi,

I upgraded to the current 1124 build by unistalling and reinstalling the new build.

I can create an image but when I try to explore the image on an external USB 2.0 hard drive, which was Ok on the previous build, I now am unable to assign a drive letter to the partition I want to explore.

No matter what I do in the selection screen when I select "do not mount" for 2 of the 3 partitions and assign H: to the third, the final page of the wizard insists on mouting all 3 partions with the default drive letters. It fails on the first one which is a small partition containg some hardware diagnostics.

Is anyone else having the same problem? I wish I hadn't done the upagrde, the only reason I did was to have a look at the capability to stop Exchange and SQL before an image. I never do images from Windows as Exchange runs on the target machine, I always do it from Linux when no Microsoft services are running.

From the other posts ref 2003 SP1 etc. it sems that this build was very porrly tested before being released to the user base.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. kballuk

kballuk Registered Member

Hi Irina,

I have unistalled 1124 and gone back to 933, which appears stable and does what I want.

I will probably wait for the next build and test on a non-production server before I install it again.

The simple pre and post execution calls to net stop services is something I can do myself if I want to, I was hoping for something a little more sophisticated in build 1124.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.