Build 1124 and the storage server!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Ok this is what I did.

1. I took a winxp machine with an internal CDRW drive.
    2. I installed build 1124 Storage server service on the pc [Can't configure anything in this software just install it]
    3. I booted from build 1124 on a different machine
    4. I could saw the machine but when I clicked it it asked for a password I filled in the right credentials, the same that I used for over the network, But it keeps prompting me.
    5. Then I tried the same from within windows. I saw the storage server. Ik connected provided the same creadentials en all went ok. Except for the fact that I didn't see any CDRW drive connected.

Please explain.

Also It would be nice if you could configure this service so that you can only apply the devices that you want to be seen. ALso it would be nice if you could reserve a certain volume of your HD or external HD and that it can be seen in the storage server option.

2. flemse

flemse Guest

I got exactly the same problem:
    Prompt for Password but i enter the right password?
    Nothing in storage server?
    //flemse

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeremyotten and flemse,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that the Storage Server doesn't support internal CDRW drive, it supports only tape drives. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please try to specify computer or domain name before username. You must enter
    username like DOMAIN\USER.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  4. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Only tapedrives? but it states Tapes / cdrw's ITSELF!! maybe you should change this then!

and I already tried (ofcourse) the DOMAIN\username format

Attached Files:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeremyotten,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences. This bug will be fixed in the next build.

Could you please send the letter to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.