BUGs/Suggestions - TrueImage v9.0.3.677

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Charly Brown, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charly Brown

Charly Brown Registered Member

I) Using a (... normal, not very old ...) LOGITECH wireless keyboard-mouse solution, called: "Logitech Rechargable Desktop Black" (keyboard connected to USB, mouse to PS/2), the "Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" (the extended version, the one with the graphical interface) does not work together with the Logitech mouse correctly! - Though it supports the keyboard fantastically, the mouse cursor only can be moved up and down. When pressing a mouse-button, the cursor sometimes moves to the right a bit too. (Chaotically! :mad: )

I'm only able to use the "Acronis Recovery Manager" (either the one booted from an external CD, or the one which can be started by pressing F11), by keyboard!

URGENT: Can you fix the mouse-drivers for this tool please! http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a037.gif

II) When using the "Acronis Recovery Manager" (e.g. previously booted by pressing F11), it takes a very long time (even with my iPentium 3.4 GHz with Hyperthread) when using the file-selection dialog (the tree-view) for to choose drives, files or folders, for partitially restoration! ...

This is not a bug, I know, ... - but a very annoying thing! http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif

III) You further should make the time "F11" ist displayed on boot, configurable with the options dialog! ... It's simply too short for me. :'(

IV) When trying to restore encrypted folders (previously encryted on NTFS under MS-Windows XP (you know: green colored then), ... e.g. my PGP-keys) into a single, normal folder, already existing on a drive, with "Acronis Startup Recovery Manager", en error occures and an error-message is shown, that this kind of files and folders cannot be restored! (Have choosen restoration with: "[x] Restore files preserving their security settings" ;) )

V) The "Acronis True Image Home" window does not save/restore its size and position on the MS-Windows desktop! (This usally is for me a criterium for bad, carelessly developed software, though I know your software is miles apart from this.)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  2. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

If you look around this forum a bit you will soon see that problems with wireless mice in the Linux environment are not uncommon, and unfortunately do not seem to get fixed quickly (if ever).

It does for me.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Charly Brown,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "usbmouse=off" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Could you please clarify how long does it take (approximately)? Where the image archive is stored (local hard drive, external drive another storage device)?

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Could you please clarify if this issue persists when using Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in Windows? Did you try to restore to the same hard drive or to another one, if so what filesystem is on this drive? Please also collect Acronis True Image log file that contains the error messages which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon. If it is possible could you please use a digital camera to make shots of the screens with error message.

V) The "Acronis True Image Home" window does not save/restore its size and position on the MS-Windows desktop! (This usally is for me a criterium for bad, carelessly developed software, though I know your software is miles apart from this.)

Please try to un-install and then install Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and see if the issue persists.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.