Bugs/Known Issues: TI 11 Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by phrank, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phrank

phrank Registered Member

Is there a list of bugs, known problems, or undocumented features in TI 11 Home? Thanks -- I'm new here.

p.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello phrank,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Unfortunately, these kinds of documentation are only available to the Development Team. We may recommend you to browse this forum for a while, as most people come here seeking resolution of the problems they encountered when using Acronis software. So, most known problems and known solutions or workarounds are mentioned here.

Should you encounter any problem when using Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post on this forum. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. phrank

phrank Registered Member

That response is totally unsatisfactory. A software company of your repute should disclose a list of confirmed bugs or known issues to licensed users like me. Your suggestion that I browse this forum for the info is lame because there are myriad posts here about supposed "bugs." Frankly, I don't believe half of these posts -- I think a lot of so-called "problems" are due to hardware issues or user error. If you disagree, then your product isn't worth much, is it? But if you agree, and there are really only a few real bugs, you should at least give me enough information so I can work around them and have confidence in my backups. I await your response.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You can try the prog for free and decide for yourself if it will work on your hardware -- that's a test that you should do with any backup/imaging hardware.

You could also decide then if any of the purported bugs show up as you will be using the program. Some will be obvious (the alert bar), others only show for some (file-file backups that hang; scheduled tasks that don't reliably run) and the all important does the bootCD see my disks, a critical feature for be able to restore an image.

Also I think a few folks on the forum have taken a stab and listing probs in ATI 11. I wouldn't be so quick to suspect users and hardware, the more experienced opinion, is that ATI11 does not have the quality of prior versions. And while some "probs" might be no more than the result of user ignorance or unwillingness to read the user guide of search the forum for a "solution" to an apparent problem, the preponderance of "Probs" are real faults, some of them critical, resulting from how ATI11's programed. Loyal users optimistically await the next build.

5. phrank

phrank Registered Member

Is there a prior version of the program with fewer bugs/known problems? I don't need all the "bells and whistles" of v.11. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I still don't understand why there isn't an official list of known problems and workarounds.

6. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

Have you published a list of your faults and failings with advice on how to work around them? Neither have I.

7. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If there were such a list it would be a heck of a lot shorter for Version 10.

Like you I do not need all the added fluff that has grown over the years.
    I do not use version 11. I went back to version 10 because the scheduling in 11 was not 100% .

I just use True image to make whole drive images and restores. The imaging runs automatically and once the schedule has been set up it needs no further user intervention .
    As my image backup drive is large enough for the number I require compression is not used. The reason being that the TI processes run faster that way.
    For recoveries the rescue CD is always used.

I do not have validation problems because I don't run them. Instead I make regular restores to swapped hard drives. This method gives 100% safety and can shrug off even the odd hardware glitch.

So if you only want to use TI in its basic modes even version 11 will be ok if you run backups manually. You could use schedulling but you must ignore the info bars and check the log instead for completeness.

Xpilot

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I also prefer ATI10. However, there are some hardware setups that 10 doesn't work on but 11 will -- so you need to try before you buy. Also, I prefer to run scehduled tasks from the Windows scheduler instead of the ATI scheduler, this not only allows a task to begin when a pc is in Standby (S3) -- XP anyway. Vista is more stubborn about letting a program run when the standby threshold comes up.

By opening the Windows Task Scheduler list and looking at Last Run and Result is a quick way to see to a task lat ran with any errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.