Bugg Eset Antivirus 5

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Coccinelle, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coccinelle

Coccinelle Registered Member

Hello today i install the version 5.0.93.7 from the Eset.com (live installer) and the skin of Eset Antivirus is very big.I have this bugg in version RC.
    So the bugg is here again.

2. piranha

piranha Registered Member

3. Coccinelle

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem with large gui haven't occurred on dozens of thousands of computers running Win7. We happened to reproduce it but based on our analysis it turned out to be a bug in Win7. At any rate, we're trying to find a workaround even though the graphical issue occurs very seldom.

5. Coccinelle

Thank you for the answer..i know that the moderators is busy at this moment.But Thanks a lot.

...If i can help...my Laptop is Windows 7\x64 Sony Vaio F13 Full HD(1920 x 1080) (16:9) ,Processeur Intel® Core™ i7,

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Does pressing Ctrl+R while in the ESET User Interface reset the window size?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. Coccinelle

Yes now is normal.

....p.s.I will reboot and i will see again if the screen is like before.,ok.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It does but the change will not be preserved after a reboot. The thing is during a system shutdown the value containing the gui panel position and size is not saved correctly which turned out to be an issue of Win7 itself. I've had this problem on my computer and when I reset the window size to defaults and quit gui normally before a restart, I've never experienced the issue. Only when egui was shut down by Windows.

9. Coccinelle

I reboot 2 times and UI is normal but like Macros say's maybe latte be bigger again.

10. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have seen that occur in older versions of Windows (Windows 9x or 2000, maybe?).

If you reset the size of the ESET GUI window, and then hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys while clicking on the [X] widget on the titlebar to close the window, does that preserve the window's coordinates, even after a reboot?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

11. Coccinelle

Everything is Ok...For the moment.If i have any changes i'll post again.:thumb:

...p.s.Ctrl+R i do one time and work after 2 reboot .The UI is normal like shout be.

12. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

All the old tricks for making Windows remember folder or windows sizes/posistions are null and void in Windows 7!

Windows 7 makes all folders the same size (not windows/Apps) and that is one of its many missing basic Windows features!

That is not the issue AFAICS as 4.2 did not have this GUI bug!

I assumed it was due to me being on a Sony FW900 (gamer) so my RES changes from desktop to games where as LCD users will be running 1 native RES.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.