[bug?] Wrong Text in Customize Notifications

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Meister, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meister

Meister Registered Member

Just noticed that in the customize notifications dialog, ESS has "<no title>" instead of the actual program name.

Right click on taskbar > Properties > Customize Button

Don't know if it's just me. Yesterday my computer crashed and when I rebooted, it would hang in "Loading your personal settings". I went in safe mode, disabled the Eset service and rebooted. When I was in XP again I had to start the service manually.

I have been in this dialog before and don't remember seeing this so it could be because of what I described above.

2. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Nope.

Indeed the icon has no title. I never disabled the ESS service since I installed it quite some time ago, and still the icon has <no title> instead of the correct name (like ESS security).

Also there's another little "problem" with the icon. I don't know exactly how it works, but it seems to have the same behavior as SSM's icon, i mean it must unregister itself or something at shutdown time (or it doesn't register itself into the tray notification cache), because at each reboot it goes back into "hide when inactive" status, even if I set it to "always hide" before. That's a little annoying to have to set it back each time Windows starts.

(I'm running XP SP2, as mentioned in my sig)

3. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

it hasn't had a name at all so it's nothing you've done :p but I think the reason it resets to hide wen inactive is because windows sets everything with no title to that as a default cause it wont know what it is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.